The Indian Auto Market had its top players like Volkswagen Cross Polo, Ford EcoSport, Nissan Terrano, Fiat Avventura, and Renault Duster, who were doing very well. And now is the high time to change the scenario. The change will be brought in by the all new players, the crossovers. Almost all the auto companies have launched their crossover model and, as a result, the crossover segment has grown manifold.
The competition in the crossover segment is just going to get a bit more exciting with the two topmost automakers entering into this segment. These top players are Hyundai and Maruti Suzuki. Hyundai has arrived with its Creta and Maruti Suzuki has launched its S-Cross model. Both these models will take the competition to a whole new level.
Maruti Suzuki has launched its S-Cross at a starting price of Rs. 8.34 lakh. The range will go up to Rs. 13.74 lakh.
Is S-Cross is a perfect SUV for you or you should go for Hyundai Creta? Get a clear view here:
When it comes to the overall length then definitely Hyundai Creta has an edge. But Maruti Suzuki S-Cross gains points over Hyundai Creta for being taller. The dimensions of the car are crucial when it comes to the area it offers inside, and it is when the dimensions of the space between the wheels come handy. The combat of the wheelbase is won fair and square by the S-Cross offering 2600 mm space.
Another thing to must check is the ground clearance. The Hyundai Creta clearly wins the competition for ground clearance over Maruti Suzuki S-Cross, which provides a ground clearance even lower than Toyota Etios Cross.
Mechanically, Maruti S-Cross offers two options of diesel engines- a 1.3-litre diesel motor that churns out 90 PS of power at 4000rpm with a peak torque of 200Nm at 1750rpm. The other 1.6-liter diesel motor churns out 120 PS of power at 3750 rpm with an apex torque of 320 Nm at 1750 rpm. The former engine comes mated to a five-speed manual transmission while the later one gets a high 6-speed standard transmission.
Now coming to the dimensions, Maruti S-Cross scores high in length, and Hyundai Creta wins in more height. The dimensions of S-Cross are 4300mm length, 1765mm weight, 1590mm height and Hyundai Creta comes with 4270mm length, 1780mm weight, and 1627mm height.
Take a look at the bells and whistles of Creta and S-Cross crossovers that lead to the head-on collision of these rivals:
- The 1.6-liter diesel variant of Hyundai Creta comes with Automatic Transmissions, but the S-Cross does not have any such feature. The best torque that it will produce is 320Nm at 1750rpm. It is expected to get Suzuki’s Twin Clutch Automatic System at some later phase.
- The exterior of Creta makes it looking like an SUV rather than a crossover as compared to other rival crossovers. Both the rivals have competitive price tags. S-Cross is expected to launch at Rs. 7.5 lakh that may go up to Rs. 12.5 lakh while Creta will come in a range of Rs. 8 lakh to Rs. 12 lakh.
- Hyundai Creta will communicate with the Indian roads with its optional 17-inch diamond cut alloy wheels while the S-Cross rides on 16-inch alloy wheels.
- Now open the doors and get into the car. The Creta has multiple audio systems and two touchscreens; one is of 7-inch, and another one is of 5-inch. It has a built-in 1GB space with Bluetooth connectivity. The S-Cross gets a 7-inch touchscreen with Bluetooth featured audio system.
- There are no rear AC vents in S-Cross while the Creta has the climate control feature with rear AC vents.
Check this table to compare the specifications:
|Parameters||Hyundai Creta||Maruti Suzuki S-Cross|
|Ground Clearance (mm)||183||180|
|Engine||1.6 (P)/1.4 (D)/1.6 (D)||1.3 (D)/ 1.6 (D)|
|Price( Ex-Delhi)||7.5-12 lakhs||8-11.5 lakhs|
Both Maruti Suzuki and Hyundai are known for their competitive pricings. It will be an exciting battle for the Indian customers. The market is eagerly waiting for the launch of Creta and S-Cross. Time will show that who wins the hearts of India.
Loan Bookings are available. Avail the Best Car Loan for Hyundai Creta and Maruti Suzuki S-Cross and ride your favorite one. Avail doorstep services and cherish your life with your loved ones.