The Rail Budget of the fiscal year 2016-17 has been unveiled yesterday. It was second rail budget of Mr. Suresh Prabhu. Railway Minister started his budget speech at 12:05 pm and ended at 13:12 pm. He recited the lines of Harivansh Rai Bachchan and Mahatma Buddha. "This Railway Budget is a budget that reflects the aspirations of common people", he initiated the budget. Here are the key points of Rail Budget:
- 3 Key strategy areas: raise new revenues, revamp the processes, and raise productivity.
- Aim for 2016-17: Revenue of Rs. 1.8 lakh crore
- No hike in fares.
- Make in India: Railway will provide employment of worth 14 crores by 2018-19
- 3 new projects are on air: Humsafar, Tejas, and Uday
- Transforming Railway: Beautification of platforms with local art, swachh railway scheme, etc.
- Women-friendly Budget: Hot water, baby food, kids menu will be available in Railways.
- Hi-Tech Railway: CCTV Surveillance, wi-fi enabled services, entertainment, e-ticketing.
- Clean my Coach: A service through messages.
- Be Local: Railways will provide the taste of local cuisines.
- “Sahayaks” will be used instead of “coolies”
- Railway for startups: Rs. 50 crore for the funding of startups
- Railway for students: 2 months internship for Engineering and MBA students.
Here is the detailed coverage of Rail Budget Speech. We can easily feel the imprints of Modinomics in this budget. The Rail Budget Day has gone. Now, everyone is waiting for the Union Budget 2016-17. Stay connected with Dialabank for latest updates.