Register and fill up the valid credentials
First, you need to navigate to the Government of India’s e-Filling portal i.e. incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in and hit on ‘Register Yourself’ option in the event that you’re first time filing an e-ITR. If you’re already a registered user then make a click on ‘Login Here’. You will have to enter your permanent card alongside other essential subtle elements to finish the enrollment procedure. Once you have done with the procedure, fill up your credentials and step ahead to step two.
Online and offline methods
With the help of JAVA utility from the area of ‘Download’ you can download an ITR form, fill the required details on computer and on the e-Filling website, you need to transfer the properly filled ITR form. You can hit an e-file option and fill your ITR from on the web.
The correct form needs to be selected
Choose ‘Assessment Year’ and the correct ‘ITR Form Name’ from the dropdown list viz
ITR 1: Being a part of Resident individuals with income from incomes, one house property, and other income, wherein entire salary is more than Rs. 50 lakhs.
ITR 2: Those who belong to Non-Residents and RNORs, and also people and HUFs with pay that is other than what goes under the head "Profits and Gains from Business or Profession".
ITR 3: Individuals and HUF should hold "Income from Profits and Gains from Business or Profession"
- ITR 4: Taxpayers who have settled on the hypothetical wage scheme according to Section 44AD, Section 44ADA and Section 44AE of the Income Tax. After choosing the pertinent form, make a selection of ‘Original’ or ‘Revised Return’. Go for ‘Submission Mode’ as ‘Prepare and Submit Online
To complete your ITR, the following documents are essential:
· Details of your Bank Account
· Aadhaar Card
· PAN Card
· Form 16
· Investment Details viz LIC, PPF, NSC, NPS, Health Insurance, etc
· Tuition Fee Receipts (more than two Children)
· Receipts of House Rent
· Loan Certificates and details of Home Loan
· Receipt of Medical Expenditure on self or different dependent
Income Tax Return- Verify or e-Verify
By filling up the valid credentials into the e-Filing portal you can e-Verify your Income Tax Return:
· Digital Signature Certificate
· Net Banking/pre-validating your Bank Account
· DEMAT account from the e-Filing portal
· Get PIN on your ATM/Get OTP via Aadhaar
You can likewise check your Income Tax Return for the FY2017-18 in offline mode as well by producing an ITR-V form and sending the printed version of the same to CPC, Bengaluru inside 120 long periods of e-filing the Income Tax Return Form.