What is an e-Aadhaar Card?
Number of Enrolment Centres
More than 30,000
Number of Enrolments
Name of Aadhaar Issuing Authority
Unique Identification Authority of India
Aadhaar Customer Care Number
The inception of the e-Aadhaar Card
Validity of Aadhaar Card
J. Satyanarayana, Pankaj Kumar
What are the contents of the e-Aadhaar Card?
An e-Aadhaar card includes the person’s biometric as well as demographic information. The contents of an e-Aadhaar card are mentioned below:
- Aadhaar number
- Cardholder’s Photograph
- Name of the cardholder
- Cardholder’s Date of birth
- Address of the cardholder
- Cardholder’s Gender
- The Biometric details i.e. fingerprint of the individual
What is the eligibility criteria of an e-Aadhaar Card?
The eligibility criteria of the e-Aadhaar are summed up in the following points:
- Any resident of India is eligible for this card
- Foreigners and NRIs who are staying in India for more than 12 months are eligible for this card
What are the documents required for The e-Aadhaar Card?
Following documents are mandatory if a person wants to apply for this card:
Identity Proof- The documents that meet the criteria of identity proof are:
- PAN Card
- Birth Certificate
Address Proof- The documents that meet the criteria of address proof are:
- Ration card or PDS Card
- Voter Identification Card
- Driving License
What are the advantages of the e-Aadhaar Card?
The advantages of the card are mentioned below in the following points:
- The very first advantage of an e-Aadhaar Card is that it is a nationwide identity card that helps in providing us with the individual’s identity/ address and it is digitally certified.
- The second advantage is that the subsidies that are provided by the government can be availed only through this e-Aadhaar card.
- Applicants can easily process their passports with an e-Aadhaar card.
- To download the e-Aadhaar card, a portal named ‘Resident Portal’ allowed the individuals to do so.
Why should one download their eAadhaar Card?
Usually, when an applicant applies for changes in their Aadhaar card, it takes time for the changes to be done, and the updated Aadhaar to get dispatched through post.
So now, one can download the e Aadhaar card by visiting the website of the UIDAI with the updated details. By doing this one don’t have to wait until their Aadhaar card arrives by post. Therefore, As it is known as the digital version of normal Aadhaar, and can be acceptable in the country without any exceptions.
How to download an e-Aadhaar Card online?
There are 3 simple steps that help in downloading an e-Aadhaar card after the Aadhaar registration
Step 1: The first step is that an applicant should visit the website of e-Aadhaar
Step 2: Secondly, an applicant should enter the enrolment number, time/date that is provided in the acknowledgement slip along with full name and pin code.
Step 3: At last, just enter the one time password in the place provided. Finally, by entering the first four letters of their First name and it is too in Capitals that is combined with the birth year in the format of (YYYY). Now an applicant can easily access the e-Aadhaar pdf file and this is the default password.
How to Print Your Aadhaar Card
Once you have downloaded your e-Aadhaar, to print it, you will need to follow these steps:
- Your e-Aadhaar is a ‘pdf’ file. Along these lines, you should open it utilizing any pdf reader (like Adobe Acrobat or Microsoft Edge).
- Enter the password. Your password will be the initial four letters of your name (in covers) followed continuously of your introduction to the world in the organization YYYY.
For example, assuming that your name is Amith Kumar and your date of birth is 8/6/1984, your password will be ‘AMIT1984’.
- Once the file is opened, select the ‘Print’ choice, choose the number of copies you might want to print, and hit ‘Print’.
Note: Make sure that your device is connected to a printer. Assuming you don’t have a printer, you can save the file on a portable device or send yourself an email and print it from a computer that is connected to a printer.
Before you use any of these methods to download your Aadhaar card, make sure that you have the required data with you.
e-Aadhaar Card Frequently Asked Questions
✅ Is e-Aadhaar valid?
Yes, an e-Aadhaar holds the same validity just like the regular Aadhaar.
✅ An e-Aadhaar card consists of how many numbers?
An e-Aadhaar card consists of 12 digits and these numbers represent the identity of the person that is holding the card. e-Aadhaar is a generated number after the government verifies the biometric and demographic information of an Indian resident.
✅ What is an e-Aadhaar Card?
It is the Aadhaar card’s electronic version that can be downloaded online by submitting the individual’s Aadhaar/ enrolment ID. To check the status and download the Aadhaar card, one can check the official website of UIDAI.
Table of Contents
- 1 What is an e-Aadhaar Card?
- 2 What are the contents of the e-Aadhaar Card?
- 3 What is the eligibility criteria of an e-Aadhaar Card?
- 4 What are the documents required for The e-Aadhaar Card?
- 5 What are the advantages of the e-Aadhaar Card?
- 6 Why should one download their eAadhaar Card?
- 7 How to download an e-Aadhaar Card online?
- 8 How to Print Your Aadhaar Card
- 9 e-Aadhaar Card Frequently Asked Questions