UAN or Universal Account Number is a unique 12-digit number allotted to each member of Employee Provident (EPF) for his/her EPF account. To access PF-related services, online employees’ UAN must be registered.
Individuals require details like UAN number, Member ID, Aadhaar number, or PAN for UAN registration & activation. Employers require to submit documents like Updated Aadhar Card, PAN Card, checking account details, Identity Proof, Proof of Address, and ESIC Card for UAN registration of the workers. Employees can know UAN either through the employer or UAN Member Portal by using PF number or Member ID. Linking of Aadhaar with PF account is often done through Umang App, EPFO portal, or e-KYC portal.
How to Generate UAN?
UAN or Universal Account Number is a unique 12-digit number allotted to each member of Employee Provident (EPF) for his/her EPF account to access information about their funds within the EPF accounts. Employees also can avail of various other services like transferring funds from one PF account to a different one, view and manage EPF passbook, track claim status, etc. While they will get a UAN number directly from their employers and typically it’s mentioned within the payslip. However, just in case of employees want to get UAN, they have to follow the steps as mentioned below:
- Visit UAN Member Portal by clicking on https://unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in/memberinterface/ and click on on the Direct UAN Allotment by Employees link near the rock bottom right of the page.
- Next, enter your Aadhaar linked number and await for One Time Password (OTP) to be generated and sent to your registered mobile number.
- As you enter the OTP, your information from the Aadhar database is going to be fetched and auto-populated in the required fields.
- You can now obtain your UAN.
How To Link Aadhaar with UAN and PF?
You can link your Aadhaar with UAN using the subsequent ways as mentioned below:
Umang App: To link your Aadhaar with UAN using Umang App follow the steps mentioned below.
- Download the Umang App from your google play store and click on EPFO under the all services tab.
- Now, select ‘eKYC services’ then on ‘Aadhaar Seeding Option’.
- Next, enter UAN and click on get OTP.
- You will be sent another OTP on your mobile number, and after verification of OTP, your Aadhaar is going to be linked to UAN.
- Biometric credentials on e-KYC Portal: To use this method, you want to have a registered biometric device for Aadhaar verification. to urge details you can visit the official UIDAI’s website.
Firstly visit https://iwu.epfindia.gov.in/eKYC/ and click on on ‘Link UAN Aadhaar’ under ‘For EPFO members’ and enter UAN.
Documents Required for UAN Activation
Employers would require the subsequent documents for UAN registration of the workers.
- Updated Aadhar Card of the applicant.
- PAN Card
- Bank account details and IFSC
- Identity Proof- driver’s license, Passport, Voter Id, etc
- Proof of Address
- ESIC Card
✅ Can the activation of UAN be possible via offline modes?
As UAN registration is completed for availing online services provided by EPFO, thus it can only be done online through the EPFO portal.
✅ How am I able to activate my UAN without a mobile number?
You can get a UAN directly from your employer if your mobile number isn’t registered.
✅ Do I even have to pay any charges for UAN registration?
No, you are doing not got to need to pay any fees for UAN registration.
✅ What are the Employee-Specific benefits of UAN?
UAN provides the subsequent benefits for employees:
- They can quickly transfer funds from an old PF account to a replacement PF account.
- It is easy to access PF-related services of all PF accounts online in one place.
- Employees also can avail of SMS services to receive alerts as and when employers contribute to PF.
- Further, there’s less dependence on employers to access PF services.
Table of Contents
- 1 How to Generate UAN?
- 2 How To Link Aadhaar with UAN and PF?
- 3 Documents Required for UAN Activation
- 4 FAQs