Call us on 600 11 600 (Single Number across 18 Cities)
Delhi | Mumbai | Kolkotta | Bangalore | Hyderabad | Ahmedabad | Chandigarh | Jalandhar | Ludhiana
Chennai | Pune | Jaipur | Lucknow | Baroda | Surat | Indore | Coimbatore | Bhopal
98 78 98 11 66 (Other Cities)
The facility of home loan balance transfer is a new option that is being provided by the housing finance lenders to the customers. Using this facility, a person can transfer their home loan from one bank to another which has lower interest rates than the present bank.
What is Home Loan Balance Transfer?
The method of home loan balance transfer is the simple method by means of which a person can transfer their current active home loan from their bank to another bank. The reason for this shift is simple, difference in the interest rates offered by the banks. Suppose, a person P has a home loan presently from a bank ABC Bank at 10%. On the other hand there is another bank, XYZ Bank that provides home loans at 9%, and then the person is paying 1% more to the ABC Bank. In such a case, if the person wishes to, he can transfer his loan from ABC Bank to XYZ Bank as it offers lower interest rates. This facility is available with nearly all the leading banks in the country.
Things you need to know about before you apply for a home loan
Why should people go for a Balance Transfer?
Home loan balance transfer is a facility availed by many people. There are many reasons as to why a person wishes to transfer their loan from one bank to another bank. Some of them might be:
- To lower the interest rate: When the existing interest rate in the market is lower than the rate of interest that one is paying to the current lender then, the person can immediately choose the option of balance transfer of the outstanding loan amount.
- To change the terms of your loan: If a borrower wishes to increase the tenure period, but the existing lender might not be agree to this request, in such a circumstance, choosing of balance transfer from one lender to another would be the better option.
Steps involved in getting your home loan transferred from one lender to another:
- Do a thorough research of the lending institutions and the interest rates plus other charges levied by them and the total cost of the transfer. Only then continue and have your balance transferred.
- Requesting your current lender for the transfer of your home loan.
- The existing lender will issue a no objection certificate and an account statement mentioning the outstanding amount of the loan.
- The new bank will approve your loan on the basis of these documents and will inform the existing lender for the same.
- The new bank will make the payment to the existing bank of the outstanding loan amount and take the property documents from them. The bank is now in possession of your property.
Important Points to be Noted:
- Check the home loan interest rates offered by the new lender, whether they are higher or lower.
- The previous lender will charge a prepayment penalty on the outstanding balance of the loan.
- The new bank will charge a processing fee for approving the loan.
- The above two factors should be carefully calculated and evaluated before applying for the transfer. It maybe that the interest rates may be lower, but there is other extra charges that the bank may apply. This may cause a loss to the applicant. So they should be kept in mind.
- It is advised that the balance transfer is done only when the tenure of the loan is more than 5 years to make gains. It will be a loss for the individual to pay more money in the form of penalty charges and processing fees as compared to the amount that the person will pay in case of the normal interest rate.
Benefits of availing a Home Loan Balance Transfer
- As compared to the previous lender, the new bank will provide better services. It is important that the financial institution that the person applies to is a reputed company. Since, home loan is a long term proposition, it is better to get the loan from the suitable bank with lower interest rates.
- More suitable options and terms especially loan tenure etc.
- One can also avail an additional top up loan on their existing home loan using their mortgaged property.
Leading Home Loan Providers (Click to Apply)
|Home Loan Calculator||Home Loan Interest Rates|
Disclaimer: The information provided on www.dialabank.com is collected from public sources and is believed to be accurate and genuine. This site should be used as a information provider for different product offerings of Insurance companies and the visitor should make an independent verification with the Insurance companies to verify the claims made in the policy before making any purchase. The decision to Apply and/or Purchase a policy is at the sole and complete discretion of the website visitor and Dialabank.com cannot guarantee or can be held liable for loss or damage caused by claims made by insurance companies through their agents, partners, products or services, directly or indirectly.