What Is Swadesh Darshan Scheme?
This scheme was introduced by the Ministry of Tourism and Cabinet Ministry under the Indian Government. The main aim of the scheme is to promote and develop the potential of tourism in the country.
|Prime Minister||Narendra Modi|
|Launched||2015; 6 years ago|
This scheme is a central scheme, i.e. it is 100% funded by the Central Government of India. The efforts are made in order to get convergence with some other schemes of the State and the Central Governments. The funding is available for CSR (Corporate Social Responsibility) initiatives of the public sector.
The Swadesh Darshan Scheme scheme was launched for the integrated development of the theme-based tourist circuits. A tourist circuit is a route on which at least three major destinations are not in the same city, town or village and are not separated by a long distance. These circuits must have well-defined entry and exit points as well. The reason is, when a tourist will enter that place, he would be motivated to visit other destinations as well.
The theme-based circuits are the circuits that are around specific themes like culture, religion, niche, ethnicity, etc. and they can be confined to a state or more than one state.
What Are The Objectives Of the Swadesh Darshan Scheme?
The objectives of the scheme are mentioned below:
- To develop circuits which are having tourist potential in a prioritized and a planned manner
- To develop identified theme-based circuits in an integrated manner
- To promote employment with the active involvement of the local communities
- To follow community-based development
- To promote the culture as well the heritage of the country
- To enhance the attractiveness of the tourist destinations in a sustainable manner
- To aware the local people of the importance of tourism as it promotes increased income sources, improved standards of living and development of that area
- To promote handicraft, culture, cuisine, local art of the area
- To generate livelihoods in these regions
- To harness the potential for tourism
- To develop the economy of the country
- To leverage the expertise and capital of the public
What Are The Aims Of the Swadesh Darshan Scheme?
The aims of the Swadesh Darshan Scheme are mentioned below:
- The promotion of tourism is a catalyst for economic growth and to create jobs
- Development of India into a world-class tourist destination
- Development of theme-based circuits such as ecotourism with the cultural and ecological conservation
- Development of professionalism
- Focus on the in-depth infrastructure development of places
- Provide complete tourism by enhancing the attractiveness of places in a creative manner
What Are The 15 Circuits of the Swadesh Darshan Scheme?
The following are the 15 theme-based circuits that are mentioned in the Swadesh Darshan Scheme:
- Buddha Circuit
- Coastal Circuit
- Desert Circuit
- Eco Circuit
- Heritage Circuit
- North-east Circuit
- Himalayan Circuit
- Sufi Circuit
- Krishna Circuit
- Ramayan Circuit
- Rural Circuit
- Spiritual Circuit
- Tirthankar Circuit
- Wildlife Circuit
- Tribal Circuit
What Are The Features Of the Swadesh Darshan Scheme?
The features of the scheme are mentioned below:
- It was completely funded by the Central Government of India
- There are around 13 cities under the consideration of development
- These cities are pilgrimage sites
- There are around 25 tourist circuits
- The scheme is a joint venture by the Ministry of Tourism and the Central Government
By launching this scheme, the ministry of tourism will be able to develop different heritage cities in the country and they will also be conserved for the tourists which will come from across the globe.
Swadesh Darshan Scheme FAQs
✅ How many circuits are there in the Swadesh Darshan Scheme?
There are around 15 thematic circuits under this scheme
✅ When was the Swadesh Darshan Scheme launched?
The scheme was launched in 2015.
✅ How many tourism projects are under the Swadesh Darshan Scheme?
There are around 16 projects under this scheme.
Table of Contents
- 1 What Is Swadesh Darshan Scheme?
- 2 What Are The Objectives Of the Swadesh Darshan Scheme?
- 3 What Are The Aims Of the Swadesh Darshan Scheme?
- 4 What Are The 15 Circuits of the Swadesh Darshan Scheme?
- 5 What Are The Features Of the Swadesh Darshan Scheme?
- 6 Swadesh Darshan Scheme FAQs