What is VPA?
VPA is referred to as Virtual Payment Address. It is a unique identifier that helps in tracking UPI to a person’s account. VPA also acts as an ID independent of an applicant’s bank account number, details. To make and request payments, VPA can be used through the UPI-enabled app. There is no need to fill in the bank account details in the loop for making multiple payments.
Look at the typical VPA such as abc@bankname. For example: ‘123456789@ybl’ and ‘anjeliene25@upi’ can be examples of a typical VPA. On the other hand, one can check the availability of a VPA according to their preference and create it.
Creating a VPA according to your Choice
Applicants can create a VPA according to their choice by following the below-mentioned steps.
Step 1: Firstly, An applicant should open the UPI app.
Step 2: You have to click on the ‘Profile’ tab on the home screen.
Step 3: Next, If an applicant has already set a VPA, it shows the primary VPA. In that case, click on the arrow on the right side.
Step 4: To create a VPA according to your choice just click on the ‘+’ mark.
Step 5: An option will be provided to choose the VPA’s first part, which appears before the ‘@’ symbol.
Step 6: At last, you should Click on ‘Submit’ and confirm the VPA. Now you are done with this!
Benefits and Uses of VPA
- The first benefit of VPA is that money can be sent and received on weekends and bank holidays.
- Secondly, you can transfer the funds from anywhere and anytime on a 24*7 basis.
- There is no need to provide a bank account number and IFSC code for sending money. VPA is the only requirement.
- It is easy to use and economical.
- VPA is user-friendly and also saves time through speedy transactions.
How can one get a VPA?
To get a VPA, an applicant should follow the below mentioned process:
- An applicant must Download the UPI app for linking the bank account with their registered mobile number.
- Now just do the verification process carefully; after that, another verification round comes.
- After the final authentication is done, you have to create a VPA for the account you provided.
- Likewise, email address, you will be provided with your choice VPA if it is available otherwise, you have to try a different address.
- After getting a unique VPA, you will get instant approval.
For more details, one can contact or visit the website of Dialabank.
✅ If one doesn’t use their VPA, will it get expired?
No, It will not get expired even if it is not in use for a given period of time. One can use it without any difficulty.
✅ What is VPA?
VPA is basically a Virtual Payment Address that acts as an identifier so that all transactions can be made via the UPI system, only possible through a mobile app.
Yes, It is possible to link multiple bank account with one VPA. You can easily link the same VPA to different banks accounts.