It may look difficult if you took a car loan to finance your car and due to some circumstances, you need to sell it before the repayment tenure.
However, it is not a difficult task to sell a car under loan. You need to keep in mind a few points before you go to sell a car under loan:
- Lender’s advice: The firm who has lent the money can guide you in a much better way than anybody else. So consult the lender to get out of this situation. They’ve certainly heard the problem before, and they can place a process that borrowers should follow. They have certain criteria which can help you to sell the car.
- The pay-off: You should know the standing amount you still owe to the lending institution. Technically, it is not possible to sell car under loan because the institution lending the money is at risk. Instead, the approach is to unwind the loan while you sell the car. So it is certainly advisable to pay the borrowed amount completely to avoid any further complications.
- Obtain the Title: Obtaining the title is an important step when you sell your car. You need to know the procedure to obtain the title (or a lien release), how long it will take to get it in your hands, and other necessary details. Most banks give two options for obtaining the title:
A)Take the title.
B) Can let the bank acknowledge where to transfer the title.
If the buyer is funding the car, your bank will need to transfer the title to the buyer’s bank. Otherwise, the title can go straight to the buyer. If you want to assign your current lease to a new buyer, you’re better off using a lease-transfer service.
- Trade with the Bank: Trading in your vehicle is effortless than contracting it to an individual. Dealers usually handle such transactions like this, and can also handle all the paperwork behind the scenes. After clearing off your loan ahead of time, it’s the second-best option.
- Use the buyer’s money: Here’s the trick that can help you to go smoothly with this situation. You can set your buyer’s expectations, so it gets completed. Once the purchaser pays for the car, and you can pay off the loan, the title is free and clear. If you’re upside-down on your loan, you’ll have to supplement the buyer’s payment with funds of your own.
- Help from the Bank: If your buyer is more cynical but still welcoming, you can choose to move to the bank unitedly assuming your lender has branches in your area. This will build trust in the buyer and he pays the amount after buying a car from you.
To know more about Car Loans, visit DialaBank.
Leading Providers of Car Loans in India: