Some Tips to Prevent Credit Card Frauds
Credit card frauds occur every day and in every place in different ways. A person cannot prevent it from happening. If you treat all of your credit card and accounts as cash, it is a way to head off potential use. You must take strict actions to make it tough for someone to get hold of your credit cards.
How do these credit card frauds happen?
- Theft is the most obvious form of credit card fraud. It can happen in different ways from low level tech dumpster diving to high technology diving. A thief can use your discarded billing statements to find your account and billing details.
- A Credit Card company’s website or bank’s website can get hacked as it will result in hacking your credit card details.
- Sometimes a dishonest clerk can misuse your credit card by using its photocopy. He can use it to buy other items or can create another account.
- There are other examples too that can happen for using your credit card scams.
What to do to prevent credit card frauds?
- Use your cards like cash.
- Keep your credit card number private.
- A person must sign up his news cards as they arrive and cut your old cards once they get expired.
- Sign with permanent ink to prevent it from further misusage.
- Every transaction must be processed in your presence every time you make any purchase.
- Retain your receipts with yourself to check them against statements.
Some practices to prevent credit card frauds:
- Don’t give your account number to anyone on the phone.
- Carry all of your credit cards separately from your wallet.
- Never sign a blank receipt.
- Account any questionable charges to the card issuer.
- Never sign a clean receipt.
- Save your vouchers to compare with your statement.
- Don’t write down your account number on the outside of an envelope.
|Apply Online For|
|Home Loan||Personal Loan||Auto Loan||Gold Loan||Life Insurance|
|SIP CALCULATOR||RETIREMENT CALCULATOR|