Why Get an MBA Degree?
MBA is a full-time two-year professional degree course that provides the students with a wide and in-depth education in the field of business and management. MBA stands for Masters of Business Administration, is a post-graduate academic course having a varied number of subjects mainly organised to give knowledge of the science of management. A student who has completed their graduation in any discipline or equivalent from an approved university can do an MBA course.
Why Get an MBA Degree?
Getting an MBA degree is seen as a logical step to advance one’s career. There are many benefits for which a student can choose to opt for a course and can use the knowledge in real-life practice. However, regardless of the advantages, an MBA degree comes along with, some individuals still wonder if it’s worth pursuing an MBA.
An MBA can develop the management skills to work in a position of manager or to have entrepreneurial ambitions. A wider range of job opportunities and high earning possibilities emerged simultaneously by completing an MBA. Here are some of the points why one should do an MBA program.
- Communication Skills – Although communication is considered a soft skill, it still holds value. Effective communication skills is a fundamental skill that allows you to easily convey ideas and concepts to diverse people at a different level of an organization. It improves verbal and written communication abilities.
- Better Time Management – An MBA program is designed with a mix of challenging course load and extracurricular activities along with other professional pursuits. Time management is a valuable life skill that can be learnt by pursuing an MBA.
- Expand Your Professional Network – Earning an MBA gives an opportunity to be a part of a global network of nearly 100,000 alumni, giving the chance to connect with a varied group of professionals you might not get a chance to connect with unless without an MBA.
- Increased Job Opportunities – Getting a job in India is competitive. An MBA can stand you apart from other candidates from getting a job in any industry. Knowing the fact that MBAs have skills in marketing, finance and other related subjects, they are highly likely to get more job opportunities.
Top MBA Colleges in India
There are various private and government colleges offering an MBA degree. An MBA degree can be preferably full-time. Part-time, One-Year, Dual-Degree, Hybrid and distance MBA courses are also available. Some of the college’s names are mentioned below who offers an MBA course in India.
- IIM Ahmedabad: Indian Institute of Management
- IIM Calcutta: Indian Institute of Management
- IIM Bangalore: Indian Institute of Management
- SPJIMR Mumbai: SP Jain Institute of Management and Research
- XLRI Jamshedpur: Xavier School of Management
- IIM Indore: Indian Institute of Management
- IIM Lucknow: Indian Institute of Management
- ISB Hyderabad: Indian School of Business
- MDI Gurgaon: Management Development Institute
- IIM Kozhikode: Indian Institute of Management
- SCMHRD Pune: Symbiosis Centre For Management And Human Resource Development
Why Get an MBA Degree? – FAQs
✅ How does an MBA help your career?
Doing an MBA accompanies great opportunities for oneself. It demonstrates a student commitment towards learning, refining and putting the skills into real life to help a company succeed. It opens a wide range of job possibilities and gives a chance to get in close contact with other students from around the world.
✅ How does an MBA affect your salary?
Doing an MBA is an added benefit for job seekers. It is a known fact that those who earn an MBA degree is expected to make 28% more than other job candidates.
✅ What does an MBA teach you?
An MBA degree teaches candidates with business qualities like leadership, critical thinking, time management, communication and analytical skills. It has a blend of vast course load including finance, marketing, macro and microeconomics, accounting and a wide range of co-curricular activities including student conferences, student projects and other related activities.