UPPCL or Uttar Pradesh Power Corporation Limited is the business enterprise in charge of power transmission and distribution inside the Indian state of Uttar Pradesh. The incumbent chairman is Shri M. Devraj. UPPCL or Uttar Pradesh Power Corporation Limited serves the entire state of Uttar Pradesh with adequate power supply and is now efficiently working for numerous years and stands as one of the reputed power supply corporations.
For more productive operation & management, UPPCL is in addition restructured into:
- Dakshinanchal Vidyut Vitaran Nigam Limited (DVVNL)- Agra Zone Discom
- Madhyanchal Vidyut Vitaran Nigam Limited (MVVNL)- Lucknow Zone Discom
- Pashchimanchal Vidyut Vitaran Nigam Limited (PVVNL)- Meerut Zone Discom
- Purvanchal Vidyut Vitaran Nigam Limited (PUVVNL)- Prayagraj, Varanasi Zone Discom
- Kanpur Electricity Supply Company (KESCO)- Kanpur City Discom
- Lucknow Electricity Supply Administration (LESA)- Lucknow City Discom
- Uttar Pradesh Power Transmission Corporation Limited (UPPTCL)- State Transmission Utility
Power Procurement Sector of UPPCL
UPPCL procures strength from state authorities owned strength generators (Uttar Pradesh Rajya Vidyut Utpadan Nigam & Uttar Pradesh Jal Vidyut Nigam Limited), central authorities held strength generators (NTPC Limited & THDC Ltd) and private or independent strength producers – IPP (mainly non-public strength agencies) via power consumption settlement for lowest consistent operation with a unit price of power.
Financial Condition & Line losses of UPPCL
This segment of UPPCL does now no longer cite any sources. The general lack of the UPPCL for the year ended on 31 March 2017 is envisioned to be ₹ 8,825 crores. Thus, UPPCL is finding it tough to serve the state with adequate power supply, central and different non-public power supply agencies in opposition to power procurement.
The reasons for this type of terrible economic situation include:
- Higher line losses because of ageing over confused infrastructure
- Pilferage of strength at a colossal scale
- Inferior quality of the used transformers and different types of equipment
- Widespread corruption
- Inefficient use of IT-enabled infrastructure for administrative in addition to technical purposes
Discom-sensible Aggregate Technical & Commercial (AT&C) Loss / Total line losses (in %) for the tenure of 2010-11:
- Dakshinanchal Vidyut Vitaran Nigam Limited (DVVNL) – 46.80%
- Madhyanchal Vidyut Vitaran Nigam Limited (MVVNL) – 39.10%
- Pashchimanchal Vidyut Vitaran Nigam Limited (PVVNL) – 31.60%
- Purvanchal Vidyut Vitaran Nigam Limited (PUVVNL) – 29.72%
Power Plants SPVs of UPPCL
In line with Power Finance Corporation, UPPCL has made the Special Purpose Vehicles (SPVs):
- To appeal to non-public funding in implementation of New Power Plant Projects in the state of Uttar Pradesh
- To meet the developing electricity demands for of Uttar Pradesh state
- To procure power at the lowest viable possible rates
The function of SPVs are –
- Preparing feasibility report (consisting of Technology, Size, Coal linkages, Land & Water problems or issues),
- Clearances (consisting of surroundings clearances) & land acquisition, etc.
These SPVs are transferred to developer non-public business enterprise via bidding for the lowest consistent with a unit cost of trading power to UPPCL.
- Bara Thermal Power Project, Prayagraj Power Generation Company Limited (Tehsil – Bara, Distt. Allahabad)
- Karchana Thermal Power Station, Sangam Power Generation Company Limited (Tehsil – Karchana, Distt. Allahabad)
Frequently Asked Questions
✅ What is UPPCL?
The introduction of Uttar Pradesh Power Corporation Ltd. (UPPCL) on January 14, 2000, is the result of power reforms and restructuring in UP (India) that’s the point of interest of the Power Sector, chargeable for making plans and coping with the arena of this power demand via its transmission, distribution and delivery of power.
✅ What is eligibility for UPPCL?
Candidates who want to get into UPPCL must have a Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce (B.com) from any reputed college in India. In addition, candidates have to be below forty years of age.
✅ What is the salary of a UPPCL workplace assistant?
India’s average UPPCL Office Assistant salary is ₹ 2.1 Lakhs for candidates having less than 1 to fourteen years of experience. Office Assistant salary at UPPCL stages between ₹ 4 Lakhs to ₹ 9 Lakhs.
Table of Contents
- 1 About UPPCL
- 2 For more productive operation & management, UPPCL is in addition restructured into:
- 3 Power Procurement Sector of UPPCL
- 4 Financial Condition & Line losses of UPPCL
- 5 The reasons for this type of terrible economic situation include:
- 6 Discom-sensible Aggregate Technical & Commercial (AT&C) Loss / Total line losses (in %) for the tenure of 2010-11:
- 7 Power Plants SPVs of UPPCL
- 8 The function of SPVs are –
- 9 UPPCL SPVs:
- 10 Frequently Asked Questions