EPF Passbook – Details
12 digit account number
Universal Account Number, 1 for each member
Establishment ID, DOB, Member’s Name
The closing balance of the previous financial year
Any amount is withdrawn during the year
Separate contribution of employee and employer
Interest earned on employee and employer’s contribution
Sum of the employee, employer’s contribution, and interest earned
- With effect from August 1, the EPF contribution has been revised to 12%, which was reduced to 10% during the Lockdown period to cover up for the immediate liquidity crisis.
EPFO provides an online feature called EPF passbook. It is similar to a bank passbook in that it enables an individual to keep track of the different transactions in their EPF account. You can quickly review your account statement, download it, and print it. This online EPF member passbook is also available via the EPFO app. You must first activate your UAN (Universal Account Number) and EPFO allotments before downloading the EPFO passbooks. As a consequence, it is also known as a UAN passbook.
Components of UAN Member Passbook
One of the most vital elements of a UAN passbook is the EPF account number. The account number of designated organizations is alphanumeric, representing the state, regional office, code of establishment, and member code.
Sample PF number: MH BAN 0065680 000 0001679
– MH represents ‘Maharashtra.’
– BAN signifies ‘Bandra,’ which is the provincial office.
– Next 7 numbers represent establishment ID ‘0065680.’
– The next 3 digits describe the establishment extension ID. If no extension is given, then it is 000.
– The last 7 numbers represent member ID ‘0001679.’
2. UAN: A Universal Account Number (UAN) is a unique 12-digit number that any new member and organization must obtain when they join EPF. Member IDs are connected to UAN and function as an identification number for your account and future transactions.
3. Basic Information: The passbook also includes basic information such as the name and address of the establishment, as well as the establishment ID, the member’s name, date of birth, and the date the organization joined.
4. Opening Balance: The opening balance is seen in both the employee and employer columns of the passbook. The opening balance contains the cumulative contribution as well as the interest gained in the previous fiscal year.
5. Monthly Payment: The contribution for the month is displayed for both the employee and the employer. Contribution to EPS is seen separately.
6. Interest: The interest on PF is calculated on the running balance of each month, and it’s credited at the end of the year for employee and employer’s contribution. The bank will mention the rate of interest on which the interest is credited in the passbook.
7. Withdrawals: If you have made any EPF withdrawal during the year, that will also be shown in the EPF passbook.
8. Closing Balance: The closing balance includes the sum of the employee contribution plus interest gained and the sum of the employer contribution plus interest. This balance will be carried forward as the year’s opening balance.
9. Voluntary Provident Fund: Employees should contribute more to EPF than the required share of 12%. The excess contribution is compensated by a Voluntary Provident Fund and is recorded separately in the passbook.
Process To Download EPF Passbook and Check PF Balance
The procedure to download the EPF passbook is easy and can be accomplished through the EPF portal. You need to remember the following points to download the EPF Passbook:
- The customers who have initiated the UAN can use the EPF portal to download the EPF passbook.
- The EPF passbook cheque will be prepared only 6 hours after registering for or activating your account.
- All the modifications made in the portal are only displayed after 6 hours.
- Assure that listings in your EPF member passbook are compatible with the EPFO field officer’s records.
- The EPF passbook login feature is not available for decided members, defective members, and exempted corporations.
The procedure to download the UAN passbook is:
- First, visit their website.
- Next, select the ‘passbook’ option.
- In the next tab, enter the UAN, password, and captcha shown, and click on the ‘Login’ Icon.
- The site will present all member IDs on the next webpage.
- Click on the member ID for which you want to download the EPF passbook.
- After selecting the Member ID, the portal will show the account details related to that number and basic details and share employee and employer contributions.
- Download or print the statement.
EPF Member Passbook
EPF Passbook – Details
|Account Number||12 digit account number|
|UAN||Universal Account Number, 1 for each member|
|Basic Details||Establishment ID, DOB, Member’s Name|
|Opening Balance||The closing balance of the previous financial year|
|Withdrawal||Any amount is withdrawn during the year|
|Monthly Contribution||Separate contribution of employee and employer|
|Interest||Interest earned on employee and employer’s contribution|
|Closing Balance||Sum of the employee, employer’s contribution, and interest earned|
To know more about the EPF Passbook and various other factors, visit Dialabank and easily answer all your queries.
✅ How can I check my EPF passbook?
You can check your EPF passbook using your UAN password to login into the ‘passbook section on the EPF portal.
✅ What is UAN?
UAN (Universal Account Number) is the 12 digits unique number provided to each member of EPFO with which all transactions related to EPF are managed.
✅ Is it possible to view the online EPF passbook without activating UAN?
It is impossible to view or download the EPF passbook online without activating Universal Account Number (UAN). Whether through the online website or the UMANG app, UAN is mandatory.
✅ How can I check my PF balance without a password?
To check your PF balance without a password, you need to visit and choose ‘forgot password’ in the login area. After that, follow the required steps to change your password and use the new password to login into your account and check the PF balance.
✅ Is the password required to open the EPF passbook document?
No, you only need the password to log in through UAN. To open the document, no password is required.
✅How can I get my EPF statement?
After logging in to your EPF account through UAN, you can choose the latest EPF statement from the My Account option. You can print and even save the statement.
✅Can I download my passbook?
Yes, you can download your EPFO passbooks in the following manner:
✅How much time does it take for any update to show in the EPF passbook?
For any update, it takes at least 6 hours to get reflected on online records.