The Rail Budget of the fiscal year 2016-17 was unveiled yesterday. It was the second rail budget of Mr Suresh Prabhu. Railway Minister started his budget speech at 12:05 pm and ended at 1:12 pm. He quoted the words of Harivansh Rai Bachchan and Mahatma Buddha. “This Railway Budget is a budget that follows the aspirations of ordinary people,” he launched the budget. Here are the Key Points of Rail Budget 2016-17:
Key Points of Rail Budget 2016-17
- 3 Key strategy sections: raise new taxes, revamp the rules, and boost productivity.
- Aim for 2016-17: Revenue of Rs. 1.8 lakh crore
- No hike in fares.
- Make in India: Railway will employ worth 14 crores by 2018-19
- Three new projects are on the air: Humsafar, Tejas, and Uday.
- We are transforming Railway: Beautification of platforms with local art, swachh railway scheme, etc.
- Women-friendly Budget: baby food, Hot water, kids menu will be possible in Railways.
- Hi-Tech Railway: CCTV Surveillance, wi-fi enabled services, entertainment, e-ticketing.
- Clean my Coach: A service through messages.
- Be Local: Railways will give the taste of local foods.
- “Sahayaks” will be used instead of “coolies”
- Railway for startups: Rs. 50 crore for the funding of startups
- Railway for students: internship for 2 months for Engineering and MBA students.
Here is the detailed coverage of the Rail Budget Speech. We can quickly feel the imprints of Modinomics in this budget. Rail Budget Day has gone. Presently, everyone is waiting for the Union Budget 2016-17. Stay connected with Dialabank for the latest updates.
Read Other Related Articles
|Financial Exercises for All Generations||Financial Planning Goals|
|Impact of Increase in Repo Rate of RBI of Depositors and Loans||Finance myths|
|Future Savings Vs Current Spending||Financial Independence|
|Why should You have Financially Smart Friends?|