Petrol Price in Chhattisgarh Today: Sep 28 2021
Petrol price in Chhattisgarh today is computed based on the ‘Dynamic Fuel Pricing’ mechanism. Here, you can check the current petrol price in Chhattisgarh.
Today’s Petrol Price ( Sep 28 2021 )
Current Petrol Price Per Litre
Petrol Price in Chhattisgarh – Last 10 Days Data
|Date||Petrol ( / litre)|
|13 Mar 2021||₹ 89.6|
|12 Mar 2021||₹ 89.6|
|11 Mar 2021||₹ 89.6|
|10 Mar 2021||₹ 89.6|
|09 Mar 2021||₹ 89.6|
|08 Mar 2021||₹ 89.6|
|07 Mar 2021||₹ 89.6|
|06 Mar 2021||₹ 89.6|
|05 Mar 2021||₹ 89.6|
|04 Mar 2021||₹ 89.6|
State-wise Petrol Prices
|Andhra Pradesh||87.24 ₹/L|
|Himachal Pradesh||88.55 ₹/L|
|Jammu And Kashmir||92.11 ₹/L|
|Madhya Pradesh||98.64 ₹/L|
|Tamil Nadu||93.07 ₹/L|
|Uttar Pradesh||88.78 ₹/L|
|West Bengal||91.78 ₹/L|
Petrol Prices in Major Cities
|CITY||PETROL PRICE TODAY|
|New Delhi||₹ 90.19|
Petrol Price in Chhattisgarh
The state of Chhattisgarh is located in Central India. The state is well connected by road, rail and air to several other states in the country. Public transportation in Chhattisgarh includes buses, auto rickshaws and taxis. Two-wheelers and four-wheelers have recently become a very necessary source to commute between destinations in Chhattisgarh. With the rise in vehicular density in the State, petrol consumption is on the rise. Petrol rates in Chhattisgarh is revised on a daily basis in tandem with the new ‘dynamic fuel pricing’ mechanism.
Trend of Petrol Price in Chhattisgarh for February 2021 (rates per litre):
|Highest rate in February||Rs.89.68 on February 27th|
|Lowest Rate in February||Rs.84.96 on February 1st|
|Over all performance||Rising %|
- In Chhattisgarh, the price of petrol opened at Rs.84.96 per litre. The price has increased compared to the closing price of the previous month.
- The increase in the rates for that month was at peak on 27th February when a litre was retailed for Rs.89.68. Petrol prices in Chhattisgarh closed the month with the overall performance witnessing a rising trend. The percentage change recorded in that month was 5.19%.
Trend of Petrol Price in Chhattisgarh for January 2021 (rates per litre):
|Highest rate in January||Rs.85.21 on January 27th|
|Lowest Rate in January||Rs.82.46 on January 1st|
|Over all performance||Rising %|
- In Chhattisgarh, petrol rate was fixed at Rs.82.46 on 1st January. The price of the fuel remained unchanged when the rate was compared to the closing price of December.
- The rates closed at Rs.84.96 per litre, the highest recorded price for the month was Rs.85.21 on January 27th. The overall performance of petrol was in rising trend with the percentage change of about 2.94%.
Trend of Petrol Price in Chhattisgarh for December 2020 (rates per litre):
|Highest rate in December||Rs.82.71 on December 9th|
|Lowest Rate in December||Rs.81.03 on December 1st|
|Over all performance||Rising %|
- The price of petrol at the beginning of the month was Rs.81.03 per litre in Chhattisgarh. When compared to the closing price of the previous month, the rates were almost similar.
- The fuel closed at Rs.82.46 per litre with the overall performance witnessing an rising trend. The percentage change stood at 1.73%.
Trend of Petrol Price in Chhattisgarh for November 2020 (rates per litre):
|Highest rate in November||Rs.81.14 on November 29th|
|Lowest Rate in November||Rs.79.76 on November 3rd|
|Over all performance||Rising %|
- In Chhattisgarh, the price of petrol in November opened at the rate of Rs.79.87 per litre. There was an rising trend in the price of the fuel over the month with gradual fluctuations.
- In Chhattisgarh, the percentage change stood at 1.57%.
Trend of Petrol Price in Chhattisgarh for October 2020 (rates per litre):
|Highest rate in October||Rs.80.12 on October 7th|
|Lowest Rate in October||Rs.79.76 on October 29th|
|Over all performance||No Change|
- The price of petrol opened the month of October at Rs.79.87 per litre and the closing price of the month was also the same.
- There was no change in the overall performance of the liquid gold in Chhattisgarh with the percentage change being 0%.
Trend of Petrol Price in Chhattisgarh for September 2020 (rates per litre):
|Highest rate in September||Rs.81.08 on September 3rd|
|Lowest Rate in September||Rs.79.76 on September 29th|
|Over all performance||Falling %|
- Petrol price in Chhattisgarh opened at the rate of Rs.80.93 per litre in September.
- The overall performance witnessed a declining trend in Chhattisgarh with the percentage change being –1.33%.
How Frequently are Petrol Price in Chhattisgarh Reviewed?
Petrol prices in India are revised on a daily basis. Prior to the dynamic fuel pricing mechanism, India followed the fortnightly revision. Oil companies revised fuel prices every fortnight taking into account the average price of the preceding fortnight. However, OMCs incurred losses as they were unable to pass on any increase or decrease in the international crude oil price to the consumer. Hence, the fortnightly fuel pricing mechanism was discontinued. Petrol prices in Chhattisgarh are updated daily at 6:00 a.m. IST automatically at automated fuel stations, while it’s manually updated at non-automated petrol pumps.
Petrol Costs in Chhattisgarh and Other States
In Chhattisgarh the rates of petrol and diesel are cheaper by Rs 12 and Rs 4 compared to its neighbouring states. The base price of petrol is Rs 19.48 per litre, on which the Central Government imposes central excise of Rs 31.98, whereas the Chhattisgarh Government imposes VAT of Rs 15.11.Similarly, the base price of diesel is Rs 28.66, on which the Central Government imposes central excise of Rs 31.83, whereas the Chhattisgarh Government imposes only Rs 16.12 as VAT.
Procedure to Compute Petrol Prices in Chhattisgarh
The following table offers the breakup of the petrol price in Raipur, the capital of Chhattisgarh.
|1||Global Crude Oil Price + Freight Charges||$78.30 per barrel = Rs.32.98/Litre (considering $1=66.96 and 1 barrel oil = 159 litres)|
|2||Profit margin of Oil Companies, transportation, refining, and operational costs||Rs.5.32/Ltr|
|3||Central Excise Duty + Road Cess||Rs.19.48/Ltr|
|5||Value Added Tax (VAT)||Rs.16.59/Ltr|
|Total||Retail selling price of petrol in Raipur||Rs.78.01/Ltr|
Elements Impacting Petrol Prices in Chhattisgarh
Several factors influence the petrol rate in Chhattisgarh and in other cities of India.
- External Factors: The primary factor to influence the petrol price is the global crude oil price. India depends on nearly 70% of crude oil from oil-producing countries. The price for a barrel of crude oil is dynamic in nature and fluctuates based on production cuts, shortage in supply, geopolitical tensions or fluctuations in the demand. The second external factor is the exchange rate of the US dollar. Since trading of crude oil in the global market happens in US dollars, any fluctuations in the value of the US dollar impacts the final selling price of petrol in Chhattisgarh.
- Internal Factors: Internal or domestic factors include taxes levied by the government, operating costs and dealer commission. Tax on petrol is the biggest component in the petrol price. While the Centre levies excise duty at Rs.19.48 per litre on petrol, Chhattisgarh charges Value Added Tax (VAT) at 27.02%. Any revision in the tax rates impacts the petrol price in Chhattisgarh and in cities across India. Additionally, OMCs add dealer commission to the final selling price of fuel in the country.
How are Petrol Prices in Chhattisgarh Responding to GST?
Currently, petroleum products such as petrol and diesel do not come under the new Goods and Service Tax (GST). These commodities continue to come under the excise duty and VAT taxation regime. The current taxes levied on petrol is higher compared to the highest GST slab of 28%. Bringing petrol under the ambit of GST will cause losses to both the Centre and the State in terms of revenue. That said, if petrol comes under the GST, price for a litre of petrol will reduce significantly.
Diesel Rate vs. Petrol Rates in Chhattisgarh
Petrol prices are higher compared to diesel in Chhattisgarh. This is due to the higher taxes that petrol attracts over diesel. Currently, petrol attracts excise duty of Rs.19.48 per litre, while diesel is charged Rs.15.33. Chhattisgarh levies VAT at 27.02% and 25.81% on petrol and diesel respectively.
Sharp Rise in Crude Oil Prices Tanks SpiceJet, Indigo Shares
Shares of SpiceJet and Indigo tanked over 5% while InterGlobe Aviation (IndiGo) fell by 3% amid sharp incline in crude oil prices in the international oil market. Oil prices rose to three-weeks highs after Iran shot down a US military drone, raising concerns about a fresh conflict in the Middle East and cut in supplies. Meanwhile, the aviation ministry has distributed Jet Airways’ foreign flying rights among Indian flights through an allocation process.
SpiceJet and IndiGo have got the maximum number of rights, with 84 weekly flights for the first and 77 for the second. All of the allocations for three months. Passenger traffic in the domestic segment witnessed a rebound in May after it increased by 2.96% after a decline in April, as per the data released by the aviation regulator DGCA last Tuesday. IndiGo continued to maintain its lead position with 49% market share of the domestic passenger market in May and SpiceJet’s market share inclined from 13.1% in April to 14.8% in May, making it the second in market share, the data reflected.
The shares of SpiceJet ended 5.63% down at Rs.123.25 while shares of IndiGo declined by 1.32% at Rs.1,562. International crude oil prices have been on the boil since early this year due to the supply cuts led by the OPEC and its allies as well as due to trade war between the US and China and US curbs on Iran and Venezuela.
Petrol prices remain stable as of Thursday
Oil Marketing Companies (OMCs) on Thursday kept the rates of petrol unchanged in the country. This was the third consecutive day when the rates remained constant.
In the national capital i.e., New Delhi, every litre of petrol was sold for Rs.72.86. In Mumbai, the financial capital of the country, consumers were required to pay Rs.78.43 for a litre of petrol. In the other two metro cities of the country i.e., Mumbai and Kolkata, the rates charged for a litre by OMCs as of Thursday were Rs.74.88 and Rs.75.62 respectively.
In the international oil market, the futures of Brent Crude oil rose on Thursday. It was trading at 69.36 dollars per barrel after climbing by 5 cents since their last close.
In the start of the year, the rates of petrol have gone up by about Rs.4 per litre in the major cities of the country. The rates of Brent crude oil has also increased considerably with the rates increasing by approximately 30 percent till date.
The rates of petrol in the country are revised as per the dynamic pricing scheme. The prices depend on the global crude prices on a 15-day average and the value of rupee against the US dollar.
Also, check the petrol price in Himachal Pradesh.
✅ What is the average Petrol price in Chhattisgarh?
The average Petrol price in Chhattisgarh is ₹ 90.65.
✅ What is the cheapest Petrol price in Chhattisgarh?
The cheapest Petrol price in Chhattisgarh is ₹ 89.23 recorded on 13 March 2021.
✅ Which city has the cheapest Petrol price in Chhattisgarh?
Korba has the cheapest Petrol price in Chhattisgarh at ₹ 89.23.
Table of Contents
- 1 Petrol Price in Chhattisgarh Today: Sep 28 2021
- 2 Today’s Petrol Price ( Sep 28 2021 )
- 3 Petrol Price in Chhattisgarh – Last 10 Days Data
- 4 State-wise Petrol Prices
- 5 Petrol Prices in Major Cities
- 6 Petrol Price in Chhattisgarh
- 7 Trend of Petrol Price in Chhattisgarh for February 2021 (rates per litre):
- 8 Trend of Petrol Price in Chhattisgarh for January 2021 (rates per litre):
- 9 Trend of Petrol Price in Chhattisgarh for December 2020 (rates per litre):
- 10 Trend of Petrol Price in Chhattisgarh for November 2020 (rates per litre):
- 11 Trend of Petrol Price in Chhattisgarh for October 2020 (rates per litre):
- 12 Trend of Petrol Price in Chhattisgarh for September 2020 (rates per litre):
- 13 How Frequently are Petrol Price in Chhattisgarh Reviewed?
- 14 Petrol Costs in Chhattisgarh and Other States
- 15 Procedure to Compute Petrol Prices in Chhattisgarh
- 16 Elements Impacting Petrol Prices in Chhattisgarh
- 17 How are Petrol Prices in Chhattisgarh Responding to GST?
- 18 Diesel Rate vs. Petrol Rates in Chhattisgarh
- 19 News Snippets
- 20 FAQs