Petrol Price in Meghalaya Today: Sep 25 2021
Petrol prices in Meghalaya have been turning more volatile, as prices of crude oil have been showing a firm trend. It is important to check today petrol price in Meghalaya ₹ 87.51 (13th March 2021), especially if you are going for a long drive. Remember, petrol and diesel prices are revised daily, so you can lose much if you are travelling on a long-distance. The rupee has also moved lower against the dollar, which has made petrol prices in Meghalaya more expensive than before. It is hoped that the government can reduce excise duties, so as to enable rates to become cheaper in the coming days.
Price trend for Petrol price in cities in Meghalaya
|East Garo Hills||87.32 ₹/L||0|
|East Jaintia Hills||87.89 ₹/L||0.05|
|East Khasi Hills||87.33 ₹/L||0|
|Jaintia Hills||87.78 ₹/L||0.1|
|North Garo Hills||86.78 ₹/L||0|
|Ri Bhoi||86.66 ₹/L||0.43|
|South Garo Hills||87.65 ₹/L||0|
|Southwest Khasi Hils||87.76 ₹/L||0|
|West Garo Hills||87.38 ₹/L||0|
|West Khasi Hills||88.06 ₹/L||0|
The Petrol prices in Meghalaya are based on a dynamic fuel pricing system and hence revised on a regular basis. This dynamic pricing ensures that even a minute’s variation in global oil prices can be transmitted to fuel users and dealers. The final petrol rate is decided by adding a payment to the refineries, excise duty, dealer commission and Value-Added Tax or VAT. After adding this, the retail selling price of petrol gets nearly doubled. Several factors determine the price of petrol – like rupee to US dollar exchange rate, cost of crude oil, global cues, demand for fuel, among others. When international crude oil prices gain, fuel price in India moves higher.
Petrol price in Meghalaya Revision Trend in – For the Last 2 weeks
|13-Mar-21||₹ 87.33||₹ 0|
|12-Mar-21||₹ 87.33||₹ 0|
|11-Mar-21||₹ 87.33||₹ 0|
|10-Mar-21||₹ 87.33||₹ 0|
|09-Mar-21||₹ 87.33||₹ 0|
|08-Mar-21||₹ 87.33||₹ 0|
|07-Mar-21||₹ 87.33||₹ 0|
|06-Mar-21||₹ 87.33||₹ 0|
|05-Mar-21||₹ 87.33||₹ 0|
|04-Mar-21||₹ 87.33||₹ 0|
|03-Mar-21||₹ 87.33||₹ 0|
|02-Mar-21||₹ 87.33||₹ 0|
|01-Mar-21||₹ 87.33||₹ 0|
|27-Feb-21||₹ 87.33||₹ 0|
|26-Feb-21||₹ 87.33||₹ 0.19|
State-wise Petrol Prices
|Andhra Pradesh||87.24 ₹/L|
|Himachal Pradesh||88.55 ₹/L|
|Jammu And Kashmir||92.11 ₹/L|
|Madhya Pradesh||98.64 ₹/L|
|Tamil Nadu||93.07 ₹/L|
|Uttar Pradesh||88.78 ₹/L|
|West Bengal||91.78 ₹/L|
Petrol Prices in Major Cities
|CITY||PETROL PRICE TODAY|
|New Delhi||₹ 90.19|
The trend of Petrol Price in Meghalaya for January 2020 from DialaBank (rates per litre):
|1st Jan||₹ 74.86|
|Highest Rate in Jan||₹ 74.86|
Monthly Petrol Rate Trend in Meghalaya for January 2020:
- Meghalaya, the petrol price began at Rs.74.86/litre. When correlated to the fuel’s end-of-month rate for November, there was no change in the price.
- Petrol price in Meghalaya over the month. It recorded its highest rate for the month on 28th January, when it attained the price of Rs.74.86/litre. The lowest price was reported on 1st January when a litre of petrol was selling at the rate of 74.86
- Petrol’s overall performance observed an inclining course in Meghalaya.
The trend of Petrol Price in Meghalaya for December 2020 (rates per litre):
|1st December||Rs.₹ 86.15|
|Lowest Rate in December||Rs.₹ 86.15|
Monthly Petrol Price Trend in Meghalaya for December 2020:
- In Meghalaya , the petrol price began at Rs. ₹86.15/litre. When correlated to the fuel’s end-of-month rate for November, there was no change in the price.
- Petrol price in Meghalaya wavered in the UT over the month. It recorded its highest price for the month on 15th December, when it attained the price of Rs.₹86.15/litre. The lowest price was reported on 3rd December when a litre of petrol was selling at the rate of Rs.₹86.15
- The fuel’s overall performance observed an inclining course in Meghalaya.
The trend of Petrol Price in Meghalaya for November 2020 (rates per litre):
|1st November||Rs. 84.71|
|Highest Rate in November||Rs. 84.71|
Monthly Petrol Price Trend in Meghalaya for November 2020:
- Meghalaya, the petrol price began at Rs.84.71/litre. When correlated to the fuel’s end-of-month rate for October, there was no change in the price.
- Petrol price in Meghalaya wavered in the UT over the month. It recorded its highest price for the month on 1st November when it attained the price of Rs.84.71/litre. The lowest price was reported on 5th November when a litre of petrol was selling at the rate of Rs.84.71.
- The fuel’s overall performance observed an inclining course in Meghalaya.
The trend of Petrol Price in Meghalaya for October 2020 (rates per litre):
|1st October||₹ 84.71|
|Highest Rate in October||₹ 84.71|
Monthly Petrol Price Trend in Meghalaya for October 2020:
- The month of October opened with the price of petrol being traded at the rate of Rs.₹ 84.71/litre Meghalaya. There was no change in the price till the 3rd of October.
- Over the month, the price of petrol witnessed variations in the city of Meghalaya. The fuel recorded its lowest prices on 1st October, wherein it stood at the price of ₹84.71/litre.
- The petrol price in Meghalaya closed the month of October, being sold at the price of ₹84.71/litre. This was also the fuel’s highest price during the month and was recorded on 3rd October. There was an inclining trend in the fuel’s overall performance.
Components of Petrol Prices
Crude oil is the major raw material for petrol. At present, 75% of India’s crude oil needs are met through imports. And thus, international prices of crude oil and foreign exchange rates are the base components in determining the price of petrol at home. However, they form only a small component of the retail price, and the final price is determined by a host of other factors. In fact, more than 57% of the retail petrol price per litre goes towards taxes, duties, cesses and dealer margin.
To understand the mechanism for the pricing of petrol, it is first important to understand various stakeholders involved in the cycle from production to retailing of petrol and thus, the determination of petrol prices.
Oil Production and Exploration Companies
These are the companies responsible for produce oil in its crude form. There is a mix of both private sector companies like Reliance Industries, Cairn India Ltd, and public sector counterparts like Oil India, Oil and Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC) among others in this sector. However, these companies together cater to only 25% of India’s crude oil requirement. The rest of the crude oil is imported.
Monthly price trend (Historical) for Petrol price compared to Xtra Premimuim Petrol price in Meghalaya for last 1 Year from DialaBank
|DATE||PETROL RATE / LITRE||XTRA PREMIUM PETROL / LITRE|
|01 March 2021||₹ 87.33||₹ 91.05|
|01 February 2021||₹ 90.24||₹ 94.09|
|01 January 2021||₹ 87.56||₹ 91.29|
|01 December 2020||₹ 86.15||₹ 89.82|
|01 November 2020||₹ 84.71||₹ 88.32|
|01 October 2020||₹ 84.71||₹ 88.32|
|01 September 2020||₹ 85.76||₹ 89.42|
|01-Aug-20||₹ 84.05||₹ 87.63|
|01-Jul-20||₹ 84.05||₹ 87.63|
|01-Jun-20||₹ 74.61||₹ 77.79|
|01-May-20||₹ 74.61||₹ 77.79|
|01-Apr-20||₹ 69.41||₹ 72.37|
Fuel Marketing Companies
Dealers are individuals or businesses that own petrol pumps. Thus they are the final sellers of petrol to end users at retail prices, after adding taxes and their own margins.
Table of Contents
- 1 Petrol Price in Meghalaya Today: Sep 25 2021
- 2 Price trend for Petrol price in cities in Meghalaya
- 3 Petrol price in Meghalaya Revision Trend in – For the Last 2 weeks
- 4 State-wise Petrol Prices
- 5 Petrol Prices in Major Cities
- 6 The trend of Petrol Price in Meghalaya for January 2020 from DialaBank (rates per litre):
- 7 The trend of Petrol Price in Meghalaya for December 2020 (rates per litre):
- 8 The trend of Petrol Price in Meghalaya for November 2020 (rates per litre):
- 9 The trend of Petrol Price in Meghalaya for October 2020 (rates per litre):
- 10 Components of Petrol Prices
- 11 Oil Production and Exploration Companies
- 12 Dealers
- 13 FAQs