HP Gas Connection Transfer
There are probably numerous motives because of which a client would possibly need to switch the HP gas connection. The proprietor is probably deceased or produces other motives for the HP Gas Connection Transfer. HP lets its clients avail themselves of the ability of connection switch. The method is trouble-free and smooth to perform.
HP gas connection transfer available under these situations
- LPG connections may be transferred for any of five appropriate motives as noted under.
- The authorities have allowed LPG clients to switch their LPG connections within the following cases:
Transfer to a Family Member
- For the functions of the LPG switch, members of the family mean either Father, Mother, Son, Daughter, Brother, or Sister.
- ID evidence and address evidence file of the Transferor and Transferee is needed to be submitted to the HP Gas distributorship at the time of the switch.
- A declaration form should be filled out and signed by the Transferor and the Transferee and has to be submitted to the distributor as soon as possible.
Transfer Outside the Family
- A legitimate LPG connection held with all KYC files in the area may be transferred with the aid of using the connection holder to someone who’s unrelated (now no longer the father, mother, brother, sister, son, or daughter).
- ID evidence and address evidence report of the Transferor and the Transferee should additionally be submitted on the time of shifting the connection for the distributor’s data and to preserve legality within the transaction.
- Both the Transferor and Transferee need to sign the declaration form.
Transfer Without Transferor’s Consent
- If someone holds a Subscription Voucher and equipment from a specific distributor, however, a letter of consent can’t be received from the Transferor for some reason. The connection can nonetheless be transferred.
- The Transferee needs to fill out and duly sign the declaration form and submit the specified ID and address proof.
Transfer after Connection Holder’s Death
- On the occasion of the loss of life of an LPG connection holder, the next of relatives/legal inheritors could have the relationship transferred to their name.
- In order to switch the relationship on those grounds, a death certificate of the authentic registered LPG client and KYC files of the legal inheritor/subsequent relatives should be submitted to the distributor.
Transfer Without Documents
Persons holding the LPG equipment and it is without any connecting document, i.e.(SV/DGCC), to submit the undertaking and also pay a security deposit just at the prevailing rate.
Transfer within the Same City
If you’re transferring your house to a distinct vicinity in the metropolis in that you have already got an active LPG connection, observe those steps:
- Approach your distributor along with your purchaser number and Subscription Voucher (SV) and fill out the Transfer Form.
- Submit the Transfer Form and purchaser number with the distributor and tell them that you are transferring houses and consequently require the address and KYC to be up to date to match the change in the deal.
- The distributor will come up with a digital Consumer Transfer Advice (e-CTA) that is legitimate for three months.
- Once you’ve shifted house, take the e-CTA to the brand new HP Gas distributor, who will replace your SV or problem with a brand new one in the case it might additionally require.
It’s critical to notice that in case you aren’t transferring among cities, you may keep the identical LPG cylinder and pressure regulator and reuse the same at the brand new distributor.
If your current distributor can nonetheless provide the vicinity of your new address, you may have them replace your address info of their KYC files and maintain filling the identical cylinder in the same vicinity.
Transfer to Another City
If an individual is shifting their residence to a different city than from the one in which they’re registered for an HP Gas connection, then follow these steps:
- Firstly, Approach your distributor of HP Gas with your SV, DGCC Booklet, an empty LPG cylinder, one pressure regulator, and also fill out the transfer form.
- The next step is to submit the whole form to the distributor. He will give you a Termination Voucher, i.e. TV, and it is valid for one year only and along with the security deposit, which is for the cylinder as well pressure regulator.
- Now, Once you’ve shifted residence, take the TV and DGCC Booklet and give it to the new distributor that is available in the new city of residence.
- Next, The distributor will now issue a new SV and update the consumer number.
- At last, After registration, you will be issued with a new LPG cylinder, pressure regulator by the distributor upon the deposit amount’s payment.
HP Gas Transfer Form
- The government has allowed moving the LPG connection and registration, but this requires following a process that begins with the submission of a form.
- You can find the forms on their website.
For the list of all the forms visit HP gas forms.
How to Transfer Gas Connection from One Agency to Another
Here are the steps to be followed:
- Step 1: The first one is that the customer has to request for address details only of the new gas agency to that which you want to transfer your gas connection. The customer should take care of the new agency that is located close to their new home. Now the customer can even do an online search and can find out the agency details that is nearest to your new abode. Another option is that ask your new neighbours and get information about the nearby agency.
- Step 2: Next, remove the gas regulator carefully from the stove.
- Step 3: Now, you have to write a transfer request that is addressed your present gas agency. Just mention your consumer number and present address along with the new gas agency address.
- Step 4: Visit the existing gas agency, and you have to submit this letter along with the gas regulator and voucher. Submit all the documents.
- Step 5: Now, After submitting the documents, a gas transfer voucher will be provided to you. This process will complete halfway only through the transfer process, and the rest of the next half will have to be completed by visiting the new gas agency.
Transfer Gas Connection from One Gas Company to Another
Individuals can follow the below steps to transfer their LPG connection to another company.
- Visit the site, “mylpg.in”.
- After that, you have to log in, choose the distributor that you want.
- Then, See the distributors participating in the cluster and their star ranking in terms of distribution results (5 Star-Excellent, 4 Star-Good, 3 Star-Average, 2 Star-Below Average and 1 Star-Poor)
- The consumer will then receive an email confirming the registration and informing the details of the procedure.
- Since the equipment may not be compatible across companies, consumers will need to visit the existing distributor and surrender the cylinder and pressure regulator, collect the refund/transfer documents and then approach the chosen distributor for reconnection by paying the same deposit as the previous one.
- No transfer fee or extra security deposit will be charged for the shift of your LPG connection under the portability scheme.
- Proactive online tracking of the portability request with escalation matrix and its closing is in place to guarantee that the user does not have any trouble switching to the Gas company of his choosing.
You can contact the customer support helpdesk of the respective gas companies or your distributor for additional information about LPG connection portability.
✅ Can I transfer my HP gas connection online?
If you want to switch to a distributor closer to your home or are dissatisfied with the services provided by your current distributor, you can use the portability scheme to choose a distributor from a cluster of LPG distributors in the region. This program is only available in some urban areas. There will be no charge for transferring a link under the portability programme, and no extra security deposit will be required.
✅ Which documents are required to transfer my gas connection from one place to another?
When moving your gas link from one agency to another, you must send the following documents:
- Identification evidence
- Address proof is needed.
- Gas link voucher Gas book Gas regulator (the two-page document received when you received your gas connection)
- Request letter (include the customer number, current address, and the address of the gas agency to which your connection will be transferred)
✅ I have received a letter from the HP Gas distributor about possessing multiple connections. What should I do?
According to the Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas’s (MOPNG) control order, each household may only have one LPG link.
Multiple links are not permitted and must be promptly surrendered. After surrendering the numerous links, one can choose the second cylinder if it is not already present on the retained connection. If several connections are not available, please email the KYC form to the distributor, along with a copy of your proof of identity and proof of address.
Table of Contents
- 1 HP Gas Connection Transfer
- 2 HP gas connection transfer available under these situations
- 3 Transfer to a Family Member
- 4 Transfer Outside the Family
- 5 Transfer Without Transferor’s Consent
- 6 Transfer after Connection Holder’s Death
- 7 Transfer Without Documents
- 8 Transfer within the Same City
- 9 Transfer to Another City
- 10 HP Gas Transfer Form
- 11 How to Transfer Gas Connection from One Agency to Another
- 12 Transfer Gas Connection from One Gas Company to Another
- 13 FAQs