PMUY- Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana
The Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana (PMUY) was originated by the Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas to connect BPL households to LPG. You can get financial help of Rs.1600 for each connection, as well as an interest-free loan to buy a gas stove and refill the cylinder under the scheme. In addition, the government would cover the operating costs of the LPG link.
Ujjwala Yojana Details
|Launch Date||1 May 2016|
|Targeted Beneficiaries||50 million|
|Objective||Provide LPG connections to women of BPL families|
The PMUY scheme can help a woman from a low-income family without access to LPG in her home. People living on river islands, SC/ST households, Tea and Ex-Tea Garden Tribes, PMAY (Gramin), Forest dwellers, AAY, and Most Backward Classes are all the beneficiaries of Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojna (PMUY).
To take advantage of PMUY, you must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Should be a resident of India
- You must be 18 years or above.
- It must be a woman from a BPL family who does not have access to LPG.
- Other related schemes should not be seen as a source of gain.
- Beneficiaries should be classified under SC/ST households, PMAY (Gramin), AAY, MBC, forest dwellers, people living on river islands, or Tea and Ex-Tea Garden Tribes in the SECC 2011 or BPL households list.
The following are the documents to submit:
- The municipality chairman or panchayat pradhan issues a BPL certificate.
- Certificate of Caste
- 1 passport-size photo
- Photo identification is needed.
- Proof of address
- Ration card for BPL residents
- Aadhaar numbers for all family members, Bank passbook or Jan Dhan bank account details
- 14-point declaration in the specified format, duly signed
How to Register and Apply for Ujjwala Yojana
The procedure for registering to receive benefits under the PMUY scheme is outlined below. Continue reading to learn about the procedure in detail:
Step 1: Select the application form from your local LPG distributor or print one from www.pmuy.gov.in.
Step 2: Complete the form.
Step 3: Return the concluded form to the LPG distributor’s office.
Step 4: The application will be processed after it has been submitted. Various oil marketing companies will grant an LPG link after verifying documentation and determining eligibility.
From the official website, you can download the Ujjwala KYC form. Please fill out the form and send it in with the necessary documents.
KYC Application forms for PMUY Scheme
The Ujjwala KYC form can be downloaded from the official website. First, however, you must complete the form and submit it with the necessary documents.
How to check PMUY New List to avail free LPG?
You can review the latest list of free gas by following the steps below:
- First, visit www.pmuy.gov.in for more information.
- Then, select the ‘New list’ choice from the drop-down menu.
- Finally, you can search your name on it after downloading it.
State-Wise PMUY Connections
As of September 7th, 2019, the total number of connections issued under India’s Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana scheme is 8,03,39,993.
|State||Approximate No. of Connections Registered & Distributed Under PMUY scheme|
|Andaman & Nicobar Islands||13,103|
|Dadra and Nagar Haveli||14,438|
|Daman and Diu||427|
|Jammu and Kashmir||12,03,246|
Budget and Funding for the scheme
The in-charge of implementing this scheme is the Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas. During 2016-2017, the government had set aside Rs.2000 crore in the annual budget. As a result, LPG connections were provided to over 1.5 crore families living in poverty.
This scheme had a budget of Rs.8,000 crores set aside for it. Money saved as a result of the ‘Give-it-up’ subsidy campaign was used for the same reason. Qualified households earned Rs.1,600 in funding, which was given in the name of the household’s female head.
PMUY Helpline Number
1906 is the helpline Number for the PMUY nationwide. You can quickly contact the 24×7 helpline number for any leakage and other complaints.
LPG panchayat of PMUY
The ‘Pradhan Mantri LPG Panchayat’ is an event in which the Prime Minister meets with the PMUY scheme’s beneficiaries to discuss any questions about the scheme’s services. According to a government statement, these meetings aim to forge a stronger bond between the government and the beneficiaries.
✅ How can I find out if I am qualified for the Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana?
The Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana’s beneficiaries will be chosen or listed based on the SECC-2011 results. You would be qualified to apply if your name appears in the database. I’m a PMUY recipient.
✅ Is it possible to get an LPG stove at PMUY value if I buy it from the market?
Yes, indeed. You can purchase an LPG stove from the market and still qualify for the PMUY value as long as the stove is ISI labelled.
Table of Contents
- 1 PMUY- Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana
- 2 Ujjwala Yojana Details
- 3 Eligibility Criteria
- 4 Documents Required
- 5 How to Register and Apply for Ujjwala Yojana
- 6 KYC Application forms for PMUY Scheme
- 7 How to check PMUY New List to avail free LPG?
- 8 State-Wise PMUY Connections
- 9 Budget and Funding for the scheme
- 10 PMUY Helpline Number
- 11 LPG panchayat of PMUY
- 12 FAQs