What Is Aarogya Setu?
Aarogya Setu is an Indian app that is related to contact tracing and was developed in the period of COVID-19, syndrome mapping and self-assessment. It is basically a mobile app that is developed by the National Informatics Centre under the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology. This app has reached more than 100 million installs only in 40 days that is a great achievement and showcases the concern of the population of India. The source code of the app was made public on 26th May 2020.
|Developers||National Informatics Centre, Government of India|
|Initial release||April 2020|
|Written in||Java and Kotlin|
|Operating system||Android 5 or above
iOS 10.3 or above
|Size||4.1 MB (Android)
37.1 MB (iOS)
|Available in||12 languages|
What Are The Different Languages Of The Aarogya Setu App?
Following is the list of languages available in the app:
What Is The Purpose of the Aarogya Setu App?
The main purpose of this app is to spread awareness of the coronavirus pandemic and also to connect the essential health services related to COVID-19 to the people living in the country. This app also augments the initiatives of the Department of Health in order to contain COVID-19 and also shares the best practices and advisories.
It is like a tracking app that uses the GPS of smartphone and Bluetooth features in order to track the cases of coronavirus. This app is available for iOS and Android operating systems. Also, with the help ofbluetooth, it tries to determine the risk if a person has been near (within six feet of) a covid infected person, either by scanning via database of known cases across the country. It also determines the location that belongs to the infected persons.
What Are The Different Sections Of The Aarogya Setu App?
Following are the four sections of the Aarogya Setu:
- User status- it tells you the risk of getting coronavirus for the user
- Self assess- it helps to identify the symptoms of coronavirus and the risk profile
- Covid-19 updates- it gives updates on the local and national COVID cases
- E-pass integration- it will be available, if applied
What Are The Features Of The Aarogya Setu App?
Following are the main features of the app:
- It tells how many COVID-19 positive cases are likely in a radius of 500m, 1 km, 2 km, 5 km and 10 km from the user of the smartphone.
- It is built on a platform that can provide an API (Application Programming Interface) so that the computer programs, web services and various mobile applications can make some use of the features of this app.
What Is The Response Of The Aarogya Setu App?
The immense response of the Aarogya Setu app is summed up in the following points:
- The app has crossed around 5 million downloads within three days of its launch
- It has been one of the most popular apps made by government in India
- It has also become the fastest-growing mobile apps of the world, beating Pokemon Go
- It literally got 50 million installs within 13 days of its launch
- The app was launched on 2nd April 2020
- It also reached around 100 million installs by the end of 13th May 2020, within 40 days
Aarogya Setu FAQs
Can I download the app in hindi language?
Yes, this app is easily available in 12 languages.
Can I book my vaccination slot in this app?
Yes, you can easily book the slot in this app.
From where can I download the Aarogya Setu app?
You can download it from the Google Playstore and Apple store.
Table of Contents
- 1 What Is Aarogya Setu?
- 2 What Are The Different Languages Of The Aarogya Setu App?
- 3 What Is The Purpose of the Aarogya Setu App?
- 4 What Are The Different Sections Of The Aarogya Setu App?
- 5 What Are The Features Of The Aarogya Setu App?
- 6 What Is The Response Of The Aarogya Setu App?
- 7 Aarogya Setu FAQs
- 8 Can I download the app in hindi language?
- 9 Can I book my vaccination slot in this app?
- 10 From where can I download the Aarogya Setu app?