Atmanirbhar Bharat Abhiyan
The current Prime Minister of India, Narendra Modi, during his address to the country on 12th May 2020 announced the way forward for India in its battle against the deadly virus of coronavirus. Among the various announcements regarding the ways of tackling the virus, Narendra Modi announced a stimulus package of an amount of Rs. 20 lakh crore under the Atmanirbhar Bharat Abhiyan.
The Indian Government has launched the Atmanirbhar Bharat Abhiyan Rozgar Yojana in order to incentivize job creation. This scheme is applicable for the organisations registered under the Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO). The policy was effective from 1st October 2020 for the new employees and for those who lost their jobs and the policy will be effective till 30th June 2021.
When the country speaks of becoming self-reliant, it does not advocate a self-centred system and there is a concern for the happiness, cooperation and peace of the whole of the world. The Prime Minister, Narendra Modi announced Rs. 20 lakh crore economic package under this scheme in order to aid the country out of the crisis of coronavirus.
This campaign is the vision of new India and the aim of this scheme is to make the country and the citizens of the country independent and self-reliant in each and every sense. The five pillars of the Atmanirbhar Bharat are as under:
- Vibrant Demography
What Is The Eligibility Criteria For Atmanirbhar Bharat Abhiyan?
The eligibility criteria of this scheme which has to be fulfilled by the applicants are summed up in the following points: –
- The applicants who are new employees with a monthly salary less than Rs. 15,000/- as well the members of EPF with a monthly salary which is not less than Rs. 15,000/- who got exited from the employment from 1st March 2020 to 30th September 2020 due to the pandemic of coronavirus and got employed on 1st October 2020.
- The eligibility of the organisations is EPFO registered organisations that recruit new employees as compared to the reference base of the employees as of September 2020 with a minimum number of 2 new employees.
- Any organisation with the EPFO after the scheme will also get a subsidy for the new employees.
What Are The Initiatives Of Atmanirbhar Bharat Abhiyan?
The Prime Minister, Narendra Modi used some of the phrases in June 2014 in relation to defence manufacturing for self-reliance in the security of the country. He has reiterated over the years and the need for India to make its own weapons. Then, in August 2014, he connected the agenda of Digital India and then, in September 2014, helped in making the poor self-reliant.
The country has demonstrated that it can cope up with any of the problematic situations and uncovers opportunities. The focal point of this scheme is to make the country self-reliant. The highlights of this scheme are mentioned below:
- Rise in borrowing limits– The State Governments, with the relief package, now have a rise in their borrowing limits. The increase in from 3%- 5% of the gross state domestic product for the annual year 2020-21. In this way, the state has extra resources to spend on employment, infrastructure and health care.
- One Nation One Ration Card– This point is about the universalization of ration cards and it enables the migrant workers and their families to have access to the benefits of public distribution from any Fair Prize Shop in the whole of India. The workers and their families can get food grains at subsidized rates easily.
- Privatization of Public Sector Enterprise (PSEs)– Under this scheme, the government of India is likely to privatize the public sector enterprises. The purpose of this initiative is to improve the profitability and efficiency of the PSEs.
- Collateral Free Business Loan– All the businesses such as agriculture, MSMEs, and allied sectors can get collateral-free automatic loans. This initiative gives a financial cushion to different businesses and also encourages the entrepreneurs to produce the maximum number of goods and services within India.
Benefits of Atmanirbhar Bharat Abhiyan
In order to regain the strength of the economy in the market with self-reliance, the Government of India has launched this scheme and here are the benefits:
- Direct cash transfers and liquidity infusion into the accounts of daily wage earners and labourers and is helpful for their survival during the lockdown.
- Long term modifications in the critical sector also keep them attractive and globally competitive.
- There is substantial growth in the e-Commerce industry.
- A lot of employment opportunities are generating in India.
- There will be a reduction in the scarcity of food grains and medical supplies.
In order to recoup the economy of the country from the pandemic of coronavirus, the campaign of Atmanirbhar Bharat Abhiyan is very crucial. However, apart from this package, a person can also choose the best health insurance policy. It is standard health insurance and it gives you basic coverage with other benefits too. You don’t need to depend on anyone during a medical emergency and can afford the best possible medical treatment all by yourself without any social and financial implications.
Atmanirbhar Bharat Abhiyan FAQs
✅ What is the aim of Atmanirbhar Bharat Abhiyan?
The aim of the scheme is to make the country and its citizens self-reliant in all senses.
✅ What are the five pillars of Atmanirbhar Bharat Abhiyan?
The five pillars of this scheme are:
- Vibrant Demography
✅ Which is the most self-reliant country?
Norway is the most self-reliant country.
Table of Contents
- 1 Atmanirbhar Bharat Abhiyan
- 2 What Is The Eligibility Criteria For Atmanirbhar Bharat Abhiyan?
- 3 What Are The Initiatives Of Atmanirbhar Bharat Abhiyan?
- 4 Benefits of Atmanirbhar Bharat Abhiyan
- 5 Atmanirbhar Bharat Abhiyan FAQs