What is Sahakar Mitra Scheme?
The Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers’ Welfare has launched the Sahakar Mitra Scheme, a Summer Internship Program (SIP). The scheme on Internship Program is another name for it. The initiative is managed by the National Cooperative Development Corporation (NCDC), which aims to assist both cooperatives and young professionals (interns).
It is an internship programme for students and young professionals interested in gaining work-related learning experience in the NCDC. These interns will have the opportunity to provide creative solutions to the cooperative sector, which will benefit both the interns and the cooperatives.
|Name of the Scheme||The scheme on Internship Programme – Sahakar Mitra|
|Government Ministry||Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers’ Welfare|
|Initiative of||National Cooperative Development Corporation|
To give young professionals a hands-on learning experience in the cooperative sector, develop creative solutions, and become self-sufficient.
Objectives of Sahakar Mitra Scheme
- The interns will be educated about the function, contribution, and effect of NCDC and cooperatives.
- Interns will learn about the NCDC’s context and actual operations.
- Professional graduates should be oriented toward a cooperative business model to participate in cooperative start-ups.
- Interns will have the opportunity to take on leadership and entrepreneurial responsibilities in Farmer Producer Organizations (FPOs) governed by cooperative acts.
- To assist newly formed cooperatives or those in need with business ideas and projects by providing guaranteed project loans on more favourable terms to fledgling cooperatives in the early stages of development.
- To aid in the promotion of Modi’s notion of “Vocal for Local”.
- The cooperative sector’s capacity development
Who can avail of the Sahakar Mitra Summer Internship Program?
A Professional Graduate with a Bachelor’s Degree in one of the following fields (as suggested by the Head of Department of UGC / AICTE / ICAR approved Universities / Institutions):
- Animal Husbandry
- Veterinary Sciences
Professional MBA Graduates (in progress/completed) or Professional Graduates of the following courses:
- MBA Agri-Business
- MBA Cooperative
- MBA Finance
- MBA International Trade
- MBA Forestry
- MBA Rural Development
- MBA Project Management
- Inter ICAI
- Inter ICWA
Key Points of the Sahakar Mitra Scheme
- It offers financial assistance to interns for the duration of their internship, which is four months. The training is funded with a total of Rs. 45000.
- The NCDC’s official website is where eligible professionals may register for the Sahakar Mitra Scheme.
- 60 Interns will be educated.
- In any given year, a maximum of two interns from a single institution can be nominated.
- An intern who has been chosen for the Sahakar Mitra Scheme cannot be re-selected.
- Only online registration is available to those who are eligible.
Sahakar Mitra Scheme Submissions of Reports
Interns are required to produce an appropriate typed report inbound form as well as a soft copy. In addition, the interns must turn in five copies of their reports. Report submission is critical since the interns will be awarded a combined sum of Rs. 10,000/- once the information is successfully submitted.
FAQ’s – Sahakar Mitra Scheme
✅What is the procedure for applying for the Sahakar Mitra Internship Scheme?
- Go to the NCDC’s official website.
- The government has created an online platform for internships.
- The plan is only available to apply for online. Therefore, interested and eligible individuals must apply for the scheme solely over the internet.
✅When did the Sahakar Mitra programme begin?
Shailaja Tripathi is an Indian actress. On June 11, Shri Narendra Singh Tomar, Union Minister of Agriculture and Farmers’ Welfare, inaugurated Shahakar Mitra: Scheme on Internship Program, a National Cooperative Development Cooperation project (NCDC).
✅Who is the creator of the Sahakar Mitra scheme?
The Ministry of Agriculture and Farmers’ Welfare has introduced the Sahakar Mitra Scheme on Internship Program (SIP). In addition, the National Cooperative Development Corporation (NCDC) has launched a programme for young professionals.
Table of Contents
- 1 What is Sahakar Mitra Scheme?
- 2 Objectives of Sahakar Mitra Scheme
- 3 Who can avail of the Sahakar Mitra Summer Internship Program?
- 4 Key Points of the Sahakar Mitra Scheme
- 5 Sahakar Mitra Scheme Submissions of Reports
- 6 FAQ’s – Sahakar Mitra Scheme