Income Tax Department has asked its customer care centers to control email complaints of taxpayers about their income tax returns and other problems and diligently send them to tax officers under new rules.
Here we explain the top 5 ways taxpayers can benefit from Income Tax Department New Directive on Norms:
- The Income Tax Department, under the new income tax, returns instructions, to forward emails obtained from the taxpayers to range in-charges who will consequently convey it to jurisdictional Assessing Officers (AOs). As per primitive norms, these complaints were earlier being sent to the AO but were not monitored at various levels of authority, which will be prepared now.
- The ASKs or the income tax customer care centers are expected to answer queries related to the status of Permanent Account Number (PAN) and Tax Deduction Account Number applications, the procedure of filing of income tax and wealth tax returns, refund-related complaints, and for redressal of other common queries over phone calls or email.
- The ASKs should forward the email to the concerned Commissioner of Income Tax (Administration and Coordination) for onward transmission to respective jurisdictional Assessing Officers for necessary action.
- The Thee-Sahyog action inaugurated by FM Arun Jaitley on Tuesday is directed at lessening agreement cost, especially for small taxpayers. It will provide an online method to determine mismatches in returns of taxpayers whose returns have not been chosen for analysis, without visiting the tax office.
- In the pilot project, 91,000 income taxpayers have been recognized, under which the assesses will be notified by SMS and email about the mismatch and then they will have to log in to the e-filing portal of the tax department to see the mismatch.
Read More Articles at Dialabank
Read Other Related Articles
|7 Documents are Required for e-Filing Income Tax Returns in India||Time As Investment|
|Last Date for Filing Income Tax Returns||Global Investment|
|Am I e-filing the return correctly?|