About Income Tax India
Call Our Tax Saving Experts at 60011600 to Maximize Your Tax Saving
Income Tax India Slab 2016 – 17 for WOMEN
NO CHANGE IN TAX SLABS
|Net income range||Income tax India rates||Surcharge||Education cess||Secondary and higher education cess|
|Up to Rs. 2,50,000||Nil||Nil||Nil||Nil|
|Rs. 2,50,000 – Rs. 5,00,000||10% of (total income minus Rs. 2,50,000) [see Note 1]||Nil||2% of income-tax||1% of income-tax|
|Rs. 5,00,000 – Rs. 10,00,000||Rs. 25,000 + 20% of (total income minus Rs. 5,00,000)||Nil||2% of income-tax||1% of income-tax|
|Rs. 10,00,000 – Rs. 1,00,00,000||Rs. 1,25,000 + 30% of (total income minus Rs. 10,00,000)||Nil||2% of income-tax||1% of income-tax|
|Above Rs. 1,00,00,000||Rs. 28,25,000 + 30% of (total income minus Rs. 1,00,00,000)||10% of income-tax [see Note 2]||2% of income-tax and surcharge||1% of income-tax and surcharge|
- Rebate under section 87A – A resident individual (whose net income does not exceed Rs. 5,00,000) can avail rebate under section 87A. It is deductible from income-tax before calculating education cess. The amount of rebate has been changed to Rs. 5000 from Rs. 2000.
- Surcharge – Surcharge is 10 per cent of income-tax if net income exceeds Rs. 1 crore. It is subject to marginal relief (in the case of a person having a net income of exceeding Rs. 1 crore, the amount payable as income tax and surcharge shall not exceed the total amount payable as income-tax on total income of Rs. 1 crore by more than the amount of income that exceeds Rs. 1 crore).
- Education cess – It is 2 per cent of income-tax and surcharge.
- Secondary and higher education cess – It is 1 per cent of income-tax and surcharge.
- Alternate minimum tax – Tax payable by a non-corporate assessee cannot be less than 18.5 per cent (+SC+EC+SHEC) of “adjusted total income” as per section 115JC
Today, every person is worried about saving income tax, by making the right tax saving investment within the last 2 months of the financial year. As per the income tax act established in 1961, every person in India whose annual income crosses the maximum exemption limit will have to pay income tax. Every person has to pay income tax to the state and central government.
There are two types of Income Tax India:
- Direct Tax: Direct tax is a tax that is directly collected from the taxpayer. For instance: wealth tax, income tax, etc.
- Indirect Tax: Indirect tax is paid by the third party i.e. VAT tax, service tax. Service tax is mainly charged to the individual. For example, if an item price is Rs 150, then its last price would be Rs 110 after VAT and this extra price of Rs 10 will be paid by the person.
Tips to save your tax:
- Insurance: Buy an insurance plan to save income tax.
- House rent: If you are staying on rent then, you can add the rent to take the rebate on income tax.
- Travelling expenses: If you are using your own vehicle, then you can show the travelling expenses to take the rebate on income tax.
|Different Tax Slabs|
|Income Tax Slab For General Tax Payers||Income Tax Slab For Senior Citizen|
|Retirement Calculator||SIP Calculator|