Linking PAN and Aadhar Process & Deadline
|PAN Aadhar Link Deadline||31st March 2021|
|Link PAN and Aadhaar Card by||Visiting Income Tax e-filing website|
|Sending SMS to 567678 or 56161|
|Filling up the form|
|Check PAN Aadhar Link Status on||Income Tax e-filing website|
Link Aadhar to Pan Card
The Aadhaar card is a 12-digit certified identification number issued by the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI). We serve as proof of who you are and proof of where you live. A PAN or Permanent Identification Number is a ten alphanumeric identifier issued by the Income Tax Department under the supervision of the Central Board of Direct Tax (CBDT). It is required to file income tax and serves as proof of ownership.
The Supreme Court, in its decision, ruled that quoting an Aadhar card is mandatory in using the Income Tax forms and in using the new PAN. Section 139 AA (2) of the Income Tax Act states that everyone who has a PAN from 1 July 2017 and is eligible to receive Aadhaar must submit his/her Aadhaar number to the tax authorities.
PAN and Aadhar are both considered proof of identity by Indian residents. The advantages of linking a PAN card to an Aadhaar card are as follows:
- The connection of Aadhaar and PAN will make the taxing process faster and easier. It will help the person to complete the visual signature and digital signature process while taxing income.
- It also helps a person to open a bank account online without having to provide any other documents.
- The person is allowed to verify the payment of the tax with their own Aadhaar card.
- It will allow people to look at all activities using the Income Tax entry.
Benefits of Linking PAN and Aadhaar to Government
- The problem of multiple PAN overdue cards will be solved as Aadhar is connected to a separate biometric detection. We will also assist the government in tracking all transactions in such a way, it will reduce tax evasion and raise taxes directly in the government.
- The black money crisis will be reduced.
- Tax evasion will be a thing of the past. The broad base of taxpayers will allow the government to reduce its tax rate as it will be compensated with higher revenue.
PAN-Aadhaar Linking Deadline
The Ministry of Finance on 31 March 2020, announced that the deadline for linking Aadhaar and PAN is 30 June 2020. Now, the deadline for linking Aadhar and PAN has been extended to 31 March 2021 due to the Covid-19 Corona outbreak. Failing which PAN card will work. If the PAN is no longer in use, it will be assumed that the PAN was not provided or displayed where required, and all the consequences of non-PAN will apply to the individual. However, PAN will reactivate after PAN-Aadhaar is successfully connected.
Also, the government plans to pay a fine of ₹ 10,000 if it does not meet the deadline.
One can connect a PAN card to an Aadhaar card in the following ways:
1.Online by using the website filing Tax
2. By sending an SMS
3.By filling out a form
Link Aadhaar and PAN through Income Tax E- Filing Website
Individuals can get their PAN, and Aadhaar connected via the IncomeTax E-Filing Website. The steps are as follows:
Step 1. Visit the Income Tax E-Filing Website https://www.incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in/home.
Step 2. Click on the option Link ‘Aadhaar’ below the option ‘Quick Links.’
Step 3. Enter your PAN, Aadhaar number, and name as each Aadhaar
Step 4. If your Birthday is mentioned only in your Aadhaar, you will have to tick the square.
Step 5. Enter the captcha code and click on the Link Aadhaar option.
Step 6. A message will appear that ‘Your Aadhaar will be successfully connected to your PAN.’
Link Aadhaar by sending SMS
One can also connect Aadhaar to PAN by sending an SMS. The steps are as follows:
Step 1. Type the message in UIDPAN format <12 Digit Aadhaar> <10 Digit PAN>.
Step 2. Text 567678 or 56161 from your registered mobile number.
Step 3. If the information provided is correct, Aadhar will be successfully linked to PAN.
PAN -Aadhar Link by filling up the form
People are also given the option to connect Aadhaar and PAN manually. The person will need to visit the PAN Service Provider NSDL, complete the required form, and provide the relevant documents to link Aadhaar to the PAN card.
How to check PAN Aadhar Link Status Online?
One can check whether his Aadhaar is connected to the PAN or not. The test steps are outlined below:
Step 1. Visit the official website https://www.incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in/home.
Step 2. Click on the sub-option Link ‘Aadhaar’ below the quick links link.
Step 3. A new screen will appear, click on ‘click here to view the situation if you have already submitted an Aadhaar link request’.
Step 4. Enter the details and click on ‘View Connection Status’.
The website will indicate the status of whether Aadhar is connected or not.
You can link Aadhaar to PAN by visiting the official website, by sending an SMS with a registered number, or by filling out the required form.
The deadline to link Aadhaar to PAN is March 31, 2021.
No, you do not need to provide any documents to link Aadhar and PAN online. You should only check if the PAN details mentioned on the website are the same as your Aadhaar card and apply for it to be connected.
✅ What if PAN Aadhaar is not connected?
Section 139 AA (2) of the Income Tax Act states that everyone who has a PAN from July 1, 2017, is eligible to receive Aadhaar, and must submit his or her Aadhaar number to the tax authorities. If one does not connect Aadhar to PAN, PAN will work.
✅ Can I connect my Aadhaar number?
No, there is no such option for connecting Aadhaar to a PAN card.
Table of Contents
- 1 Linking PAN and Aadhar Process & Deadline
- 2 Link Aadhar to Pan Card
- 3 Benefits of linking PAN with Aadhaar card
- 4 PAN-Aadhaar Linking Deadline
- 5 How to link PAN card and Aadhaar card?
- 6 Link Aadhaar and PAN through Income Tax E- Filing Website
- 7 Link Aadhaar by sending SMS
- 8 PAN -Aadhar Link by filling up the form
- 9 How to check PAN Aadhar Link Status Online?
- 10 FAQs