About the Scheme of Mutual Fund
Today, the Mutual Fund is the most famous way for the common man to invest. It is an investment strategy professionally controlled where capital receives pools to buy securities from several investors.
Mutual funds offer many benefits, such as diversification, liquidity, competent management, etc. However, you need to choose an appropriate structure of mutual funds that suits your needs.
There are some points below that will help you to get the right framework for you.
1) Prior to investing, set your goals: having the highest returns is not the sole aim of investing in mutual funds. You should always set a target and ensure that target is always reached.
2) Know the risk statistics of the program: The risk associated with the investment plan you chose is very interesting to assess. A scheme generating average returns is obviously sufficient for you. Always make sure that the risk profile is balanced by risk statistics.
Standard Deviation and Beta are the two most commonly used methods for determining the danger of a scheme.
Standard deviation gives you the principle of uncertainty over the years in the profits of the scheme from its own average returns. On the other hand, Beta tests the efficiency of the scheme relative to the market. Therefore, for investors with a moderate risk profile, a scheme with high standard deviation and beta is not appropriate.
3) Keep track of the fund’s Alpha: Alpha is the return you get from the fund in view of its beta for expected returns. If Alpha is on the negative side, then you should not wait for the mutual fund scheme to be withdrawn.
4) Evaluating fund manager: The person who manages the scheme is a fund manager. You need to know how his projects have worked over the years to assess the fund manager. The best way to assess a fund manager is to verify his achievements and build a record of them.
5) Track your portfolio from time to time: As your task does not end with selecting the right method, you need to keep track of your portfolio on a regular basis. There will be a case in which your fund does not perform well. Instead of being trapped in the system for a long time, it is, therefore, easier to come out of such a situation in time.
So, before you invest your money in a mutual fund, make sure it’s right for you.
Read Other Related Articles
|Liquid funds Lose Rs 45,300 Crore|
|Important aspects to know before investing in ELSS Mutual Funds|
|Know the interesting features before investing in Mutual Funds|
|Greece Unlikely to Impact Indian Economy||Term Plan|