As at present, interest rates on SBI personal loans are in the order of 9, 60% to 16.40%, with the lowest rates available to current CIBIL clients and those working with a reputable firm with a stable employment record. The SBI also operates special regimes for defense, armed forces, and government employees. The interest rate on personal loans for government employees and defense personnel is different than private salaried employees.
Existing personal loans SBI borrowers can get a supplement on SBI’s loan if they have a regular repayment record on their current personal loan from the bank. Top-up loans are available at similar interest rates as those on your existing personal loan. The current interest rate on SBI personal loan top up starts at 9.60%.
How to request online the restructuring of the State Bank of India loans?
- Login to Restructure Portal – https://digivoucher.sbi.co.in/EMIRestruct/EMI_CustomerLogin.jsp.
- When signing in to the portal, you will be prompted to enter the loan account number.
- You will find out more about your eligibility and receive a reference number.
- This reference number will have a validity of 30 days.
- Within this period, you may visit a branch to complete the necessary formalities.
- The restructuring process will be completed following document verification and full presentation to the branch.
According to RBI Resolution Framework for Loan Restructuring, only borrowers are eligible to restructure whose loan accounts have been classified as standard and are not in default for a period equal to or greater than 30 days from March 1st, 2020.
Besides, clients whose salary/income in August 2020 was reduced from February 2020 or who lost their job or suffered from the closure of their business are also eligible for coverage.