Delhi Ration Card
Ration Card happens to be an important government-approved document that allows one to purchase certain necessary items such as food, grains, kerosene, etc. at subsidized rates. Ration card has been an extremely helpful entity to those who not well-off financially or to those who belong to the Below Poverty Line or BPL group and find it difficult to purchase any of these items. Furthermore, a ration card also doubles as a proof of identity and address and can be used for various purposes including applying for a domicile certificate, or a voter ID, etc.
GOLD LOAN @ 0.75%*
Types of Delhi Ration Card
At present, there are two types of Ration Card:
- White Ration Card: An individual can apply for a white ration card if he or she is above the poverty line. The white color in a white ration card indicates that he or she is a citizen of India who falls in the “above the poverty line” group.
- Blue/Red/Green/Yellow Ration Card: These types of ration cards are given to those who are below the poverty line. This ration card helps them in purchasing food items at subsidized rates, which they cannot otherwise afford.
Eligibility Criteria to Apply for a Delhi Ration Card
To apply for a Ration Card, one has to fulfill certain eligibility criteria. They are as follows:
- No one can apply for a ration card on an individual’s behalf.
- No member of your family should have applied for a ration card
- He or she should be a citizen of India.
List of Documents Required to Apply for Ration Card
To apply for a ration card, one must be able to produce the following documents:
- State Application form
- Identify proof (Election Id, Driving License, Passport, Government Id Card)
- Residence proof (Electricity Bill, Telephone Bill, LPG Receipt, Bank Passbook, Rental Agreement)
- Photograph of the head of the family
- The annual income of the applicant
- Canceled/surrendered ration card if any
GOLD LOAN @ 0.75%*
How to Apply for a Delhi Ration card:
You can apply for a ration card online as well as offline. Each of the ways is different but easy enough. The methods are given below:
- You can visit the official website of the Food, Civil Supplies & Consumer Affairs Department Delhi. You can apply for it by providing the required documents and filling the application form. You can submit the form following which a representative from the department will get in touch with you and help you with the process. If all the documents submitted by you is correct, then the ration card will be sent to your address.
- Various third-party websites assist you by helping you fill the application form and uploading the necessary documents.
- By following a format you can send an SMS to the Food, Civil Supplies & Consumer Affairs Department of the state in Delhi. You will then receive a message that will instruct you to follow the procedure to apply for a ration card. You can find the details of the process on the official website.
- You can also find the toll-free number on the state government website which you can use to know the process you will have to follow to apply for a ration card.
- You can also visit the Food, Civil Supplies & Consumer Affairs Department of the state in which you reside along with all the necessary documents and apply for a ration card by submitting the application form and all the necessary documents.
How to Check Ration Card Application status
- You can check the status of your ration card by visiting the official website of the Food, Civil Supplies & Consumer Affairs Department of the state
- You will find the option of checking the status of your ration card application status under E-services on the website.
- You will either be shown a list that will contain the names of the people who have recently applied for a ration card and the status, or you will have to enter your credentials and log in.
GOLD LOAN @ 0.75%*
How to Download and Print your Delhi Ration Card online
Once your ration card application has been approved you can download the ration card and print it for future use. Once it has been approved, you will find the option of downloading or printing the ration card. The printed version of the ration card will contain all the necessary details and you can use it to purchase food items for yourself at subsidized rates.
List of Official Department of Food, Supplies and Consumer Affairs (PDS Portal)
|Andaman and Nicobar Islands||https://dcsca.andaman.gov.in|
|Dadra and Nagar Haveli||http://epds.nic.in|
|Jammu and Kashmir||http://jkfcsca.gov.in|
Apply for Ration Card in the Other States of India
|Andhra Pradesh||A & N Islands|
|Delhi||Dadra & Nagar Haveli||West Bengal|
GOLD LOAN @ 0.75%*
FAQs for Delhi Ration Card
✅ Is there any application fee I will have to pay while applying for Delhi Ration Card?
No, you will not be required to pay any application fee while applying for a Delhi ration card.
✅ What are the other eligibility criteria I will have to fulfill to apply for a Delhi rice card?
Given below are the eligibility criteria you will have to fulfill if you wish to apply for a Delhi rice card:
- Monthly electricity consumption should be less than 300 units
- The applicant or any member of the family must not own any 4-wheeler
- The applicant or any member of the family must not be paying income tax
- A family staying in an urban area with property less than 750 square foot or no property in their name are eligible
- Total landholding should be less than 3 acres of wetland or 10 acres of dry land or 10 acres of both dry and wetland together.
- Should be a domicile of Delhi.
✅ Can I link my Aadhaar to my Delhi ration card?
Yes, you can link your Aadhaar to your ration card.
✅ How much will it take to receive the Delhi ration card after applying for it?
It should not take more than 15 days to receive your Delhi ration card after applying for it.
✅ Can married couples apply for a Delhi ration card?
Yes, married couples can apply for Delhi provided one of the spouses is a domicile of the state.
✅ What is a Ration Card?
Ration Card is a government-approved document that helps people who are below the poverty line in purchasing items at subsidized rates. It also acts as a proof of identity and address and can be used for purposes such as applying for a domicile certificate, voter ID, etc.