About Ration Card Download
Ration Card can be downloaded through the Government’s official website of the Food, Civil Supplies & Consumer Affairs Department.
Ration Cards is a document of identity proof. These cards help Indian Households to easily purchase subsidised food grain from the Public Distribution System. It is issued by the State Government which acts a proof of nationality. This document helps to identify the economic status of an individual. Though Ration Cards are not compulsory for every Indian citizen, people voluntarily apply for it as it serves various Government benefits and is commonly an accepted identity proof.
Types of Ration Card
Ration Cards are issued based on the earning capacity of an individual. All states have different schemes regarding the issuing of the card but mainly depends on an individual’s annual income.
There are mainly two types of Ration Card:
- White Ration Card: This card is availed to an individual who is above the poverty line.
- Blue/Green/Yellow/Red Ration Card: These cards are availed to an individual who is below the poverty line.
Individuals who are above the poverty line cannot purchase rations at a subsidised cost while those below the poverty line can buy rations at a subsidised cost.
Eligibility Criteria for availing of a Ration Card
- Citizen of India.
- Should not have running ration cards in other states.
- Applicants and members of the family should be close relatives.
- Applicants should live and cook separately.
- Should not have any other family card in the same state.
- No other person should have a ration card on your behalf.
Documents Required to Apply for a Ration Card
- Application Form of the State.
- Identity Proof (Passport, Government ID, Election ID, Driving License)
- Residence Proof (Bank Passbook, LPG Receipt, Electricity Bill, Rental Agreement, Telephone Bill)
- Annual Income of the Applicant
- Photograph (Head of the Family)
- If applying for a new Ration Card then, the document of Cancelled/Surrendered Ration Card.
Ways to Apply for a Ration Card
Ways to Apply for a Ration Card Online
- Visit the Official Website of Food, Civil Supplies and Consumer Affairs Department of the State.
- Fill up the application form from the Ration Card Section.
- Provide all the required documents and submit the form.
- After submitting, a representative from the department of your state will contact you for the further process.
- Once the documents provided by you get verification from the department, a ration card under your name will be sent to your given address.
- There are numerous third-party websites that help in filling up the application form and uploading necessary documents.
Ways to Apply for a Ration Card Offline
- One can send an SMS to the Food, Civil Supplies and Consumer Affairs Department of the State.
- The applicant will then get a reply instructing a procedure for applying for a ration card.
- The applicant must visit the official website and find full details of the procedure.
- One can call on the toll-free number or customer care executive of the state government website that will help to know the full process of applying for a ration card.
- An applicant can visit the branch of the Food, Civil Supplies and Consumer Affairs Department of the State to apply for a ration card. An applicant must take all the necessary documents with him to the branch, fill up the application form and submit it to the office.
E-Ration card was first launched in the Capital of India, Delhi. E-Ration Cards can be used by aadhar cardholders only. It runs through the Electronic Public Distribution System (EPDS), an advanced Public Distribution System that helps to locate the details of the ration goods.
Check Ration Card Application Status
- By Visiting the Official Website of Food, Civil Supplies and Consumer Affairs Department of the State.
- By visiting the E-Services on the Website.
- By logging into the Official Website.
Ration Card Download
- Log in to the portal of the Government Website.
- Check the Status of the Ration Card.
- After verification, an option of downloading or printing the form will appear.
- Click on ‘Download’ to save the card to your computer/laptop.
- Click on ‘Print’ to directly print your Ration Card.
Ration Card Download – FAQs
✅ What is a ration card and its benefits?
A Ration Card is an official document given by each state government. This card allows its members to buy food grains at subsidised rates under the National Food Security Act. Ration Card acts as an identity proof to avail various government benefits.
✅ What do we get on a ration card?
Ration Cards are used to purchase food grains at a subsidised rate from the Public Distribution System under the National Food Security Act.
✅ Does Ration Card Expire after a period of time?
Ration Cards do not expire. However, if you found the ration card of no use, you can choose to surrender it to the department.
Table of Contents
- 1 About Ration Card Download
- 2 Types of Ration Card
- 3 Eligibility Criteria for availing of a Ration Card
- 4 Documents Required to Apply for a Ration Card
- 5 Ways to Apply for a Ration Card
- 6 E-Ration Cards
- 7 Check Ration Card Application Status
- 8 Ration Card Download
- 9 Ration Card Download – FAQs