UP Ration Card
What is a Ration Card?
Ration Card is a document approved by the government of India that helps in purchasing various items such as grains/food/ kerosene, etc., only at subsidised rates. This card helps those people who are not financially well or belong to the BPL group and are unable to purchase food items. Also, In addition, this card acts as an Identity proof and proof of residence and it can be used for various purposes that include applying for a Voter Id, domicile certificate, etc.
UP ration cards are the official documents that are issued by the Uttar Pradesh state government. UP Ration cards are provided to households who are eligible to buy the subsidized grains through the system called PDS i.e. Public Distribution System which is under the NFSA i.e.National Food Security Act.
Types of Ration Card
Ration Card is further categorised into two categories which are explained below:
- White Ration Card: The first one is the White Ration Card, One can apply for it only if they are above the line of poverty. The white colour states that one is a citizen of India and is above the poverty line.
- Blue/Yellow/Red/Green Ration Card: The second type of Ration cards are given to those who are BPL i.e. below the poverty line. This card helps those people in purchasing all food items only at subsidised rates.
UP Ration Card Eligibility
|UP Ration Cards Type||Eligibility Requirements|
i.e. (Below Poverty Line)
|Are provided to those who are BPL and have an annual income that is less than Rs.10,000.|
i.e. (Above Poverty Line)
|These cards are given to those people whose annual income is more than Rs.10,000 and who are above the poverty line.|
i.e. (Antyodaya Anna Yojana)
|These ration cards are given to those individuals who are very poor and don’t have a stable source of income.|
Documents Required while applying for UP Ration Card
Here’s the list of documents that are required while applying for a ration card:
- An individual should submit their Aadhar card
- Mobile number
- Passport size photograph of their family members
- PAN card
- Previous electricity bills should be submitted
- Income certificates are also required
- Caste/category certificate should be submitted
- Then, one must bring the Bank passbook and also a photocopy of the passbook’s first page.
- Finally, one should submit the Details of the gas connection
How to Apply for UP Ration Card
One can apply for a UP Ration card in the following ways: The first one is Online and the second way is offline. The choice should be done by an individual to proceed further.
- One should visit the official website of the Food, Civil Supplies & Consumer Affairs Department of their particular state.
- Then one can apply by providing all the required documents and start filling the application form.
- Then, just submit the form and after that, our representative will call you or get in touch with you shortly.
- If one has submitted all the corrected documents then they will be provided with the ration card at their communication address.
- For offline, one should send an SMS to the Food/ Civil Supplies & Consumer Affairs Department of the particular state.
- A message will be received that instructs an individual to kindly follow the procedure for applying for the ration card.
- One can call customer care for knowing the whole process that should be followed while applying for a ration card.
- Also, one can visit the Food, Civil Supplies & Consumer Affairs Department along with all the required documents and can apply for a ration card. For that one should submit their application form along with all the necessary documents.
UP Ration Card- FAQ’s
✅ Is there any application fee required while applying for a ration card?
No, there is no need for any application fee while applying for a ration card. But one will have to shell out an amount of Rs.100 while collecting the card.
✅ How can one add a ration card member?
This can be done by visiting the website of the food and civil supply department. Then, On the ration card section, click on the ‘addition of new members’ link. After filling in all the details one should upload the required documents, and once the verification is completed, a new member will be added.
✅ How much time does it take to get a new ration card?
After submitting the application form along with all required documents, the ration card will be issued only within the time of 15 days once all the documents have been verified.
Table of Contents
- 1 UP Ration Card
- 2 What is a Ration Card?
- 3 Types of Ration Card
- 4 UP Ration Card Eligibility
- 5 Documents Required while applying for UP Ration Card
- 6 How to Apply for UP Ration Card
- 7 UP Ration Card- FAQ’s