Karnataka Bank Savings Account
|Day-end Balance||Rate of Interest|
|up to and including Rs.1 lakh||2.75%|
|Above Rs.1 lakh up to Rs.10 lakhs||2.75%|
|Above Rs.10 Lakhs up to Rs.50 lakhs||2.75%|
|Rs.50 lakh up to 100 lakh||3.5%|
|Above Rs.100 lakh||4.5%|
Karnataka Bank Savings Account
Karnataka bank savings account offers a thorough scope of savings accounts from controlled to premium to suit the individual financial requirements.
Features and Benefits of Karnataka Bank Savings Account
- Cash Deposit at any Branch
- Free cash deposit at BNA
- Cash withdrawal at any branch
- SMS alert facility on subscription
- On registration, you will get a free monthly e-statement
- 25 cheque leaves free per calendar year
- Fund transfer through RTGS/NEFT/IMPS
- Rupay Debit card/Visa/Chip card is available for account holders
- Internet Banking
- Mobile Banking
- Nomination facility
Karnataka Bank Savings Account charges
|Mobile and Internet banking||Free|
|SMS alerts||Rs.0.15 per SMS|
|NEFT through the internet or mobile banking||Free|
|Cash deposit at BNA||Free|
|Stop payment chargesThrough branch and through online||Rs.100 and Rs.25 per instrument|
Karnataka Bank Savings Account products
- SB General
SB General account is provided for the general public with added benefits.
Monthly Average Balance (MAB)
- Without cheque book Rs.500 – metro/urban/semi-urban
- With cheque book Rs.2000 – Rural/Financial inclusion
2. KBL SB Salary Scheme
This account is specifically for salaried persons. And the benefits are as follows:-
- No Minimum Balance Account.
- Free Debit Card with Purchase Protection.
- Limitless free exchanges at any Bank ATMs*
- Free Mobile banking – KBL Mobile Plus and KBL mPassBook.
- Free RTGS/NEFT*
- Free Check Book and Demand Draft facility*
- No Annual Maintenance expense for Demat and Trading Account*.
- Concession on Loan Processing Charges*
- Concession on Safe Deposit Locker rent*
- Adornments protection upto Rs. 50,000/ – for ladies account holders*
- Individual Accident Death Coverage up to Rs. 10 Lakhs
- salaried employees
3. KBL Vanitha
KBL Vanitha Savings Bank account is introduced with an objective to support saving habits among ladies and to help the defeat the dread of managing their wealth.
Monthly Average Balance
Rs,2000 – Metro/Urban
Rs.1000 – Semi-urban/Financial inclusion
4. KBL Tarun
Specially designed savings bank account for the students between the age of 18 years and 25 years. The additional benefits are the following:-
- Account opening procedures are simplified
- Demand drafts for exam fees, tuition fees etc. is free of charge
- Fund transfer Max Rs.50,000 from parent’s account to the student account is free
5. KBL Kishore
This account is for students between the age of 10 years and 18 years.
6. Privilege Savings Account
This account is designed the list of privilege savings account to cater the requirements and the following are:-
- KBL ILSB – Insurance Linked Savings Bank
- SB money sapphire
- SB money Ruby
- SB money Platinum
7. SB small
The individual who intends to
- Maintain balance not exceeding Rs.50,000 in the account at any point in time.
- The credit in the account should not exceed Rs.10,000 in a financial year
Features are the following:-
- Withdrawals of funs should be done by using withdrawal slip.
- Passbook facility
- Nomination facility as per terms and conditions
Facilities not provided:-
- ATM Card facility
- cheque book facility
8. SB Sugama
This is a no-frills account. This account can be opened with no minimum balance. This account is accessible to a vast section of the population.
Any individual can open SB Sugma with zero balance
The following are the benefits of this type of savings account:-
- ATM Card or Debit Card
- Cheque Book and Passbook
- Only 4 withdrawals can be done in a month
The benefits of the regular savings bank account are applicable to all the products of the savings account. The additional facility and changes in the benefits and features are mentioned in the specific area.
Karnataka Bank Savings Account Welcome Kit
The welcome kit of the Karnataka Bank Savings consists of a Customer identification number, a personalized cheque book if requested by the customer and an ATM card which will be sent to the residential address of the customer within 7 working days from the date of applying.
Karnataka Bank Savings Account Opening Process
Clients need to visit Karnataka Bank to open the savings account. Right now, there is no online service for the opening the savings account. People would have to present their self-verified duplicate of ID evidence, address confirmation and most recent passport size coloured photos. They should save their documents for verification.
Karnataka Bank Documents Required savings account
- Proof for identity and Proof of address – PAN Card, Voter’s ID, Driving license, Passport (any one of the following is required)
- Two passport size photo recently taken
- Account opening application form