Reserve Bank of India realise new Rs 20 note - Check out full details
RBI announced all the banknotes in the denomination of Rs 20 issued in the earlier series by the Reserve Bank of India will continue to be legal tender. RBI will soon issue new banknotes in the denomination of Rs 20 in (New Series) the Mahatma Gandhi, bearing the signature of Governor of the Reserve Bank of India "Shaktikanta Das." Moreover, the new denomination has the motif of the Ellora Caves on the reverse, signifying India’s cultural heritage.
The RBI said that the base color of the note is greenish yellow. All the banknotes the Rs 20 denomination issued by the RBI in the earlier series will continue to be a legal tender.
The Rs 20 note has other designs, geometric patterns aligning with the overall color scheme, both at the obverse as well as reverse. The dimension of the new currency Rs 20 note is 63 mm x 129 mm, the statement said.
1. See-through register with denominational numeral 20
2. Denominational numeral ?? in Devanagari script
3. Portrait of Mahatma Gandhi at the center
4. Micro letters 'RBI', ‘Bharat in hindi,' ‘INDIA' as well as '20' on the note
5. Windowed demetalised security thread with inscriptions ‘????’ as well as Reserve Bank of India
6. Guarantee Clause, the signature of the RBI Governor with Promise Clause and RBI emblem towards right of Mahatma Gandhi portrait
7. Ashoka Pillar emblem on the right side
8. Portrait of Mahatma Gandhi and electrotype (20) watermarks
9. Number pane.
10. Year of printing of the notes on the left side
11. Swachh Bharat logo with slogan
12. Language panel
13. The motif of Ellora Caves
14. Denominational numeral 20 in Devnagari.