UIDAI Aadhar Card
Aadhar Card is proof of Identity which is verifiable by a set of 12 digit number issued by the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) to all those who reside in India. The 12 digit number is linked to the resident’s basic demographic and biometric information such as a photograph, ten fingerprints and two iris scans.
Aadhar Card Eligibility
The following are the eligibility criteria for Aadhar Card
|Individual should be an Indian resident
|NRI Or Foreign Resident
|At least resided in India for a period of 182 day or more than 12 months.
Documents Required For Aadhar Card
An individual is required to show the following Documents:
- Proof Of Identity: Birth Certificate, Pan Card
- Proof Of Adress: Passport, Voter ID Card, Ration Card or PDS Photo Card, driving License
- Biometric Information: Photo, Ten Fingerprints and Iris Scan (Eye Scan)
Enrollment Process Aadhar Card
The enrollment process for Aadhar Card is as follows:
- Visit a nearby Aadhar Enrollment Center: Visit the Aadhar Enrollment Center with the proof of identity and proof of address.
- Form filling and biometric: Applying for Aadhar card is free, the applicant can download the Aadhar form online or by visiting nearby centre. The applicant is required to go through a basic biometric process. At this stage, every information provided by the applicant is verified by the authorities.
- Collection acknowledgment: After the enrollment is completed, the individual has to collect an acknowledgment slip.
If the Enrollement is successful, the individual will receive an email update and will be contacted for the same on the phone
Checking Aadhar Card status Online
The applicant who wishes to check his / her Aadhar status can visit UIDAI using the enrollment number which can be found on the acknowledgment slip. The applicant also can take assistance from Dialabank and can get all the necessary information on the Aadhar status.
Aadhar Card Verification
Aadhar verification can be done to check if Aadhar card is active or inactive through following:
- Visit the Aadhar official website UIDAI and click on the ‘My Aadhar ’ tab.
- Click on the ‘Verify Aadhar Number’ and enter your Aadhar number and security captcha.
- The software will check if Aadhar number is valid, if yes, then the information about the holder will aapear on the window. If the Aadhar number is not valid the software will show a message stating “Aadhhar number does not exist”.
How To Download and Print The Aadhar Card?
If the indiviiual needs to download and print hir or her Aadhar card, the following needs to be done:
- Visit the Aadhar official website on UIDAI.
- Click on the download Aadhar option.
- A new screen will appear where the individual needs provide your Aadhar card number or enrollment ID and enter the captcha verification code.
- Click on send OTP and enter the OTP sent on your number.
- Complete the survey and click on “Verify and Download” to download the e-Aadhar card.
- An individual can then print the downloaded eAadhar .
Benefits Of Aadhar Card
The following ae few of the Aadhar Card benifits:
UIDAI/ Aadhar Sevices
Update the mobile number and email registered with Aadhar
Following steps will help to add your mobile number and Email ID to your Aadhar :
Retrieve your Aadhar number
Steps to retrieve lost Aadhar Number or Enrollment ID:
- Visit the official website.
- Then click on Retrieve Lost or Forgotten EID/UID option.
- Choose one from the two options: Aadhar Number or Enrollment ID.
- Fill the information required and Enter the Captcha for verification.
- Click on the send OTP button and provide the same for the verification.
- Aadhar number or Enrollment ID will be sent to the individual’s registered email id or the mobile number.
Check the status of Aadhar linking
Steps to check the status of Aadhar linking:
- Visit the official website of Aadhar .
- Click on Check Aadhar /Bank Linking Status
- Enter 12-digits Aadhar number or 16 digits Virtual ID and security code. Once submitted, an OTP will be sent to the individual registered mobile number.
- Enter OTP and the website will show whether the Aadhar is linked to the bank account or not.
UIDAI also offers the facilities such as:
- Generate UID
- Check Aadhar authentication history
- Lock biometrics to ensure data protection
- Safeguard the information provided for Aadhar card.
Bal Aadhar is Aadhar Card specificly for a newborns. Parents who are applying for Bal Aadhar have to provide the following:
- Birth certificate
- Proof of identity
- Proof of residence.
They will have to get the child’s biometric data updated when he or she turns 5 and 15 years old.
Aadhar Card FAQs
✅ Can I update my Aadhar card at the post office?
Yes, you can update your Aadhar card at the post office. Individuals can update the Aadhar details at any authorised Aadhar center.
✅ How much does it cost to apply for an Aadhar card?
Applying and processing of Aadhar card is free. One can download Aadhar Card form from UIDAI website
✅ How to Contact Dialabank to get Aadhar status?