Arunachal Pradesh Rural Bank FD Interest Rates
As you know that a Fixed Deposit (FD) is an investment option offered by banks that gives you a higher rate of interest than a regular savings account. By investing in an FD, you can achieve your financial goals comfortably due to the higher returns offered by it.
Arunachal Pradesh Rural Bank FD provides an option to deposit lump sum amount for a specific period, ranging from 7 days to 10 years. You can choose any of the tenures offered by Arunachal Pradesh Rural Bank FD according to your convenience and financial objective. As soon as you select the tenure and deposit the amount in Arunachal Pradesh Rural Bank_ FD, it will start earning an interest based on the tenure of the deposit. The customer is allowed to deposit lump sum money into a fixed deposit only once into his FD account at the time of opening the account with the bank and afterwards he cannot deposit additional money in the same FD account.
You can also get tax benefits under section 80C of the Income Tax Act on an amount between Rs. 100 to 1.5 lakh by investing in Arunachal Pradesh Rural Bank FD for a tenure of 5 years or more.
The following table provides you with Arunachal Pradesh Rural Bank FD Rates of various tenors. Also, given below is the facility/ option, through which you can calculate the interest rate and the maturity value of your Arunachal Pradesh Rural Bank FD for different tenures by clicking on the “calculate” button provided in the table.
Arunachal Pradesh Rural Bank Fixed Deposit Interest Rates (as on 25 Mar 2021)
|Maturity Period||Interest Rate (p.a.)|
Features & Benefits: Arunachal Pradesh Rural Bank Fixed Deposit
- Competitive interest rates are offered with flexible FD tenures to suit your investment plan.
- FD account can be opened online or by visiting your nearest Arunachal Pradesh Rural Bank branch.
- No cap on the Maximum Amount of FD
- FD Tenures: 7 days to 10 years
- Different interest payout options such as monthly, quarterly, etc.
- Loan/ Overdraft against FD facility is available upto 85% of the FD amount.
- Easy and fast liquidity options are available.
- A nomination facility is available.
- Tax benefit of the amount up to Rs 1,50,000, through tax saving term deposit scheme
- Part withdrawal facility and auto-renewal facilities are also available
- Senior citizens can enjoy a higher interest rate as compared to regular citizens
- NRE, NRO and FCNR deposit facility is offered by the bank
Who is Eligible for Arunachal Pradesh Rural Bank Fixed Deposit
Any of the following persons is eligible to invest in fixed deposits (FD):
- Proprietary Firm
- Partnership Firm
- Limited Liability Partnership (LLP)
- Association of Persons (AOP)
- Body of Individuals (BOI)
- Local Authority
- Non-Resident Indian (NRI)
- Registered Society
Important Things to Know Before Investing in Fixed Deposits
- Always compare tenure-wise FD interest rates of different banks before finalizing the bank for opening an FD account, in order to get a maximum interest rate on selected tenure.
- The tenure for most bank fixed deposits varies from 7 days to 10 years. You should choose the FD Tenure according to your convenience and objective behind the investment.
- Opt for interest payout options such as monthly or quarterly, if required. Otherwise, choose the cumulative option so that you can receive a lump sum amount when FD gets matured.
- You can also avail of a loan or overdraft against FD if you have immediate requirement of funds.
- If your annual income is non-taxable, you can submit Form 15G or Form 15H in order to avoid TDS.
- Don’t forget to make a nomination in your FD account.
- If you are a senior citizen then open your FD in a bank that offers extra interest of 0.25% to 0.75% to senior citizens.
- When you open a fixed deposit online or offline, do not forget to give instructions on what to do on the maturity of your FD. If you do not give any instruction, your fixed deposit will be renewed automatically on maturity.
Calculation of Interest on FD of Arunachal Pradesh Rural Bank
Interest on FD for different tenures is calculated in the following manner:
- Simple interest is paid at maturity for fixed deposit tenure of fewer than 6 months.
- Interest is calculated on a quarterly basis for fixed deposit tenure of 6 months & above.
- Cumulative Interest/ re-investment interest is calculated every quarter and is added to the Principal such that Interest is paid on the Interest earned in the previous quarter as well.
- In the case of a monthly deposit scheme, the interest shall be calculated for the quarter and paid monthly at a discounted rate over the Standard FD Rate
Arunachal Pradesh Rural Bank FD Interest Calculator
Arunachal Pradesh Rural Bank FD Interest Calculator is an online financial tool that allows you to calculate the maturity value of your fixed deposit at the interest rate offered by the bank. The amount of FD, interest rate, deposit tenure and compounding frequency of interest together determine the maturity amount of the FD at the end of the tenure.
In the Arunachal Pradesh Rural Bank Fixed Deposit account, a fixed sum of money is deposited for fixed tenure usually for a period from 7 days to 10 years. A higher interest rate is offered on fixed deposits which vary from bank to bank according to the amount deposited and duration of the investment. You can get a fixed interest periodically till its whole term or can directly get the whole interest along with the principal at the time of maturity. Find the latest updated fixed deposit interest rate as of 25 03 2021, offered by each bank.
Banks offer the deposit period in various forms like days, months or years and even the compounding of interest varies from bank to bank which can be monthly, quarterly, half-yearly or yearly.
You can easily calculate the amount of interest earned and maturity amount using the following FD calculator. It is to be noted that the result of this calculator will give you an approximate value and only your bank can provide you the exact value.
How does Arunachal Pradesh Rural Bank Fixed Deposit Interest Rate Calculator Work?
Arunachal Pradesh Rural Bank Fixed Deposit Interest Rate Calculator calculates the interest earned on a fixed deposit with the help of outlined components:
(1) Deposit Amount
It is an amount that an FD account holder wants to invest in the fixed deposit. It is also called the principal. It is to be remembered that this amount can be deposited only once hence you have to decide the amount to be invested according to your investment objectives.
(2) Interest Rate
It is the rate of interest offered by the bank where you open the FD. It differs for different tenures. Once FD is opened for a specific tenure then the interest rate will remain the same for the whole tenure.
(3) Term of Deposit (FD Tenure)
It is the duration for which the amount is invested in an FD which may vary from 7 days to 10 years. In the calculator, you can select the tenure in days, months or year.
(4) Compounding of Interest
Interest can be compounded on a monthly, quarterly, half-yearly or annual basis. It can be a simple interest as well. You need to enter it based on the offer by the bank.
Automatic Renewal of Bank FD
Bank FD matures on a specific date. On maturity, if you have not given any specific instructions such as payout or renewal of FD, most of the banks automatically renew the FD for the same period for which it was initially made at the interest rate prevailing on the date of maturity of FD. This is called Automatic Renewal of Bank FD.
You should choose the option on the account opening form if you do not want the bank to auto-renew your FD. You have 2 options on the account opening form while depositing money in FD, first one is auto-renew and the second one is a deposit of an amount to your account after maturity. In case you have not mentioned any option on the account opening form then you will need to visit the bank branch on the maturity day of your bank FD and opt for credit of the final proceeds of your bank FD into your savings account if you do not want an auto-renewal of your FD.
Bank FD News Mar 2021
13-01-2020: SBI revised FD interest rate
SBI has announced a cut in retail fixed deposits of FD rates. The latest FD rates on SBI deposits is effective from 10th January 2020. The bank has cut the FD rates by 15 bps on long-term deposits maturing in 1 year to 10 years. Now FD interest rate for 7 to 45 days is 4.50%, for 46 to 179 days is 5.50%, for 180 days to 1 year is 5.80% and for 1 year to 10 years is 6.10%.
09-01-2020: Axis Bank reduced FD interest rate
Axis Bank reduced interest rates by up to 20 bps from January 9. FDs for less than Rs 2 crore and with the tenor of less than 1 year will earn 6.40%, for the tenor of 5 years to up to 10 years, FD rates is 6.50%.
07-01-2020: HDFC Bank deposits up by 25% (YoY) in 2019
The largest private sector lender HDFC Bank’s deposits up by 25% (YoY) in 2019. Its deposits are at Rs 10.67 trillion as of December 31, 2019, growing by 25% as compared to Rs 8.52 trillion as of December 31, 2018.
24-12-2019: HDFC Bank revised FD interest rate
The revised rate for FDs maturing in 9 months 1 day to less than 1 year will be 6.05%. Term deposits maturing in 1 year to 2 years will fetch an interest rate of 6.3%, 2-3 years 6.40%, and 3 years to 10 years 6.3%.
01-12-2019: PNB cuts off FD rates
With effect from December 1, 2019, FDs for less than Rs 2 crore and the tenor of 271 days to below 1 year will be 6% for general customers and 6.5% for senior citizens. For the tenor of 5 years to up to 10 years, PNB has FD rates of 6.3% for general customers and 6.8% for senior citizens.
12-11-2019: ICICI Bank reduces FD interest rate
The interest rates on ICICI Bank FD for less than Rs 2 crore and the tenor of 185 days to 289 days will be 5.75%, for 5 years to up to 10 years will be 6.40% and 6.9% for senior citizens. Its interest rates will be effective from December 7, 2019.
Table of Contents
- 1 Arunachal Pradesh Rural Bank FD Interest Rates
- 1.1 Arunachal Pradesh Rural Bank Fixed Deposit Interest Rates (as on 25 Mar 2021)
- 1.2 Features & Benefits: Arunachal Pradesh Rural Bank Fixed Deposit
- 1.3 Who is Eligible for Arunachal Pradesh Rural Bank Fixed Deposit
- 1.4 Important Things to Know Before Investing in Fixed Deposits
- 1.5 Calculation of Interest on FD of Arunachal Pradesh Rural Bank
- 1.6 Arunachal Pradesh Rural Bank FD Interest Calculator
- 1.7 How does Arunachal Pradesh Rural Bank Fixed Deposit Interest Rate Calculator Work?
- 1.8 Automatic Renewal of Bank FD
- 1.9 Bank FD News Mar 2021