DHRUV – PM Innovative Learning Program
DHRUV – PM Innovative Learning Programme is an initiative taken by the ministry of human resource department, the Govt. of India. To recognize and encourage talented students to enrich & increase their skills and knowledge. In centers of excellence across India, this scheme will help gifted children become more efficient by mentoring and nurturing them by renowned experts in different areas to reach their full potential.
About DHRUV – PM Innovative Learning Program
- The program is called DHRUV (after the Pole Star), and each student is referred to as ‘DHRUV TARA.’
- In the first batch, 60 students were chosen for this ambitious program, 30 from the Science discipline and 30 from the Performing Arts discipline.
- The program begins with a tour of ISRO, followed by a stay in Delhi, where renowned experts will mentor the chosen students.
- It is being launched to identify and encourage gifted children to expand their skills and knowledge.
Some Salient Features of DHRUV
- This program mainly covers two areas, namely art and science.
- The ISRO launched this program.
- In this program, around sixty students are selected broadly from class 9-12th from all over the country.
Significance of the DHRUV – PM Innovative Learning Program
- The DHRUV will serve as a platform for outshining and deserving students to explore their talent and achieve excellence in their specific areas of interest, such as science, performing arts, creative writing, and so on.
- Apart from realizing their full potential, these gifted students are expected to make significant contributions to society.
- Dhruv Tara students will serve as role models for millions of children across the country.
- Many of the students chosen are expected to excel in their chosen fields and bring honor to their community, state, and government.
- This type of program will help India become a more innovative country. The new innovators will help the country reach its $5 trillion economies in the allotted time frame.
- Poverty will not impede the development and success of exceptional students.
Importance of DHRUV – PM Innovative Learning Program
It is an essential scheme launched by the Government of India as this will help the underprivileged children with great minds to grow and achieve more and help these students release their full potential.
About the first batch of DHRUV – PM Innovative Learning Program
The first batch of this scheme was implemented in October 2019. And in this, 60 top students were selected from all over India broadly from 9 to 12th standard, from all government and private schools.
A 14 days program was organized for these students in which science and performing arts students were divided into 2 groups.
The science students were moreover divided into 3 groups of 10 each. The same was done for art students. Each group from both areas was required to project under the mentorship of experts from science. And similarly, each group in the arts was mentored by icons from the field of culture and were required to choreograph a program. All the six teams were given relevant topics faced by people globally like environmental changes, pollution, terrorism, etc.
FAQ’s on DHRUV – PM Innovative Learning Program
✅ Who has launched this program?
This program is launched by the ministry of human resource and development, the government of India.
✅ When was DHRUV launched?
✅ What is the DHRUV scheme?
It is an initiative taken by the ministry of human resource department, the Govt. of India. To recognize and encourage gifted students to broaden and expand their skills and knowledge. This scheme will assist talented children in becoming more efficient by being mentored and nurtured by renowned experts in various fields to reach their full potential in centers of excellence across India.