PM-KISAN (Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi) Scheme
PM-KISAN (Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi) Scheme is an Indian Central Sector scheme offering income support to landholding farmers’ families. This initiative provides farmers additional financial assistance to purchase agricultural and allied inputs and home necessities.
PM-KISAN (Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi) Scheme offers financial assistance to all landholding farmer households with cultivable fields. The Government of India provides all financing for this initiative. It attempts to complement farmers’ financial needs for agricultural supplies to ensure good crop health and production.
The State Government and the UT administration determine which farmer households are eligible for financial assistance under the scheme’s rules. Following the identification of the recipients, the monies are promptly sent to their bank accounts under this plan.
Eligibility Criteria Under PM-KISAN (Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi) Scheme
All landholder farmers’ families are eligible for benefits under this system. According to the scheme rules, a landholder farmer’s family consists of a husband, wife, and minor children who possess cultivable land according to the land records of the relevant State or UT. Beneficiaries are identified using the current land ownership system.
Exclusion Category for PM-KISAN (Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi) Scheme
The following groups of recipients with better economic status will be ineligible for benefits under the plan.
- Every institutional landowner.
Farmer families who fall under one or more of the following categories:
- Holders of constitutional positions, both current and former.
- Ministers, State Ministers, District Panchayat Chairpersons, Municipal Corporation Mayors, Lok Sabha or Rajya Sabha, State Legislative Assemblies or State Legislative Councils.
- Every retired and present employee and officer of Central or State Government Ministries, Offices, or Departments, its field units or Central/State PSEs and connected offices or autonomous institutions under government and workers of municipal governments. (Except Class IV/Multi Tasking Staff/Group D personnel.)
- Every superannuated or retired pensioner receives a monthly pension of Rs.10,000 or more (excluding Class IV/Multi Tasking Staff/Group D workers). Every individual who paid Income Tax in the previous assessment year.
- Professionals such as Engineers, Doctors, Chartered Accountants, Lawyers, and Architects are registered with professional organizations and practise their profession.
PM-KISAN (Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi) Scheme Credit card
In 1988, the government created the Kisan Financing Card (KCC) system, which gives farmers prompt access to credit. The KCC initiative sought to provide farmers with short-term formal financing. As a result, the KCC has been linked to the PM KISAN plan by the government.
The PM-KISAN (Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi) scheme is now connected to the PM Kisan Credit Cards. Beneficiaries of the PM-KISAN (Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi) Scheme can apply for KCC cards, which allow them to access low-interest short-term loans. The loans offered to farmers through the KCC card provide them with a credit limit to acquire equipment and meet other expenditures.
The PM KISAN credit card has the following features:
- Loans are made available at low-interest rates ranging from 2% to 4%.
- Collateral-free loans of up to Rs.3 lakh are available.
- Crop insurance is included.
- Loan repayment options are flexible.
Beneficiaries of the PM KISAN programme can apply for PM KISAN credit cards by completing the steps outlined below:
- But, first, go to the PM KISAN portal.
- Then, scroll down to the ‘Framers Corner’ section and select the ‘Download KCC Form’ option.
- The ‘Loan Application Form for Agricultural Credit for PM KISAN Beneficiaries’ will be made available. The farmers must download this form.
- Fill out the form completely. Then, to apply for KCC cards, farmers must fill out the form and pick the option ‘Issue of fresh KCC’ under the option ‘B’ section.
- Once completed, the form, together with the appropriate papers, must be submitted to the farmer’s bank.
- The bank will process the request and issue the farmer with the KCC card.
Application Process under PM-KISAN (Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi) Scheme
Farmers can apply for this plan in one of three ways:
- First, eligible farmers can apply under this plan by providing the necessary data to revenue authorities, village Patwaris, or other approved officers or agencies.
- Eligible farmers can register for the plan at their local Common Service Centres (CSCs) after paying the required fees or register online.
- Farmers who are qualified can also self-register on the PM KISAN site via the Farmers Corner. In addition, farmers can use the website to verify the progress of their registration.
The following information must be given to register:
- Phone number
- Aadhaar Number (or, if not issued, the Aadhaar Enrollment Number) and any specified document for identities, such as a Voters’ ID, a Driving Licence, an NREGA Job Card, or any other identification issued by the Central/State/UT Government.
- The applicant’s bank account number.
FAQ’s – PM-KISAN (Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi) Scheme
✅ Who is not eligible for the PM-KISAN (Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi) Scheme?
If the owner of the agricultural land is a government employee, the programme will not apply to them. If a farmer earns a pension of Rs 10,000 per year, they will be ineligible for the scheme’s benefits. This plan also excludes Registered Doctors, Engineers, Lawyers, and CAs.
✅ How can I access the list of PM-KISAN (Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi) Scheme?
Farmers who have applied for the PM Kisan Samman Nidhi Scheme can check the progress of their application. You may find out more about this by visiting pmkisan.gov.in and inputting your registration number. The scheme’s grant of Rs 6000 is placed in the farmer’s account in three payments.
✅ Is a government employee qualified for PM-KISAN (Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi) Scheme?
The central government has already issued PM Kisan’s 9th instalment. Farmers will also soon get the 9th instalment of the PM-KISAN (Pradhan Mantri Kisan Samman Nidhi) Scheme. Employees of the Central Government, State Governments, Public Sector Undertakings, and Autonomous Organizations who possess cultivable land in villages in their names are not eligible for the scheme’s benefits.