All About The Railway Budget
8.5 Lakh Crores to be Invested in next 5 years. Will raise funds from multiple Sources, Banks, Pension Funds, Private Investments, etc.
“Aim Swachh rail, Swachh Bharat”
- No Increase in Passenger fares.
- No new trains announced.
- Ticket Booking 120 days in advance.
- All India 24X7 Helpline number 138.
- A Special Customer Compalint number 182 for Railway Compalints.
- CCTV Cameras for Women Safety in Ladies Compartments.
- Speedy Trains: Delhi-Mumbai and Delhi- Kolkata.
- Cleanliness a major Issue – 17000 Bio Toilets to be made.
- Automatic Ticket Vending Machines and Smart Cards.
- Wifi available at 400 Stations.
- More General Coaches to be added.
- Can Book wheelchairs Online.
- Can order food online.
- WiIl ensure passengers can buy Tickets in 5 mins (Specially the Unreserved Class).
- Coach Designs to be Improved.
- Lifts and Escalators to be Installed.