Delhi transport department is scheduled to start a major enforcement drive with 50 teams for this purpose. Currently, there are approximately 30 lakh vehicles which include 6 lakh two wheelers, 12 lakh four wheelers and two lakh commercial vehicles, that have to be affixed with HSRPs. So far, 239 Challans have been issued for people not following this new rule.
HSRP plates: Documents required
Vehicle owners won’t be asked to upload any document on the official site. They are only requested to keep their vehicle’s registration certificate or RC with them for details like registration number, chassis number, registration dates and engine number.
Apply online for a high-security registration plate
1) Go to the needed site.
2) Fill in your details such as Vehicle Number, Chassis Number, Engine Number, Vehicle Class, Vehicle Type, Fuel type, Owner Name, Address and Mobile Number.
3) Choose the Vehicle Class as “Non-transport” in case the vehicle is your personal vehicle
4) After submitting, a username and password will be sent to the registered mobile number.
5) Once you are provided with the username and password, you will be required to login with the said username and password to make the payment. A receipt will be generated once that is done.
6) When your HSRP is ready, you will receive a message confirming it, on your registered mobile number.
Why is HSRP so important?
An HSRP is a hologram based on chromium which is applied by hot stamp on the number plates at the front and back. HSRPs have certain security features and are well protected against counterfeiting. The plates are also fastened with non-removable snap lock fitting system.