Know About Railway Budget 2015-2016
12:00: Suresh Prabhu enters the Lok Sabha House
12:10: Investment in Railways will rise the economy of the country.
12:15: The budget focuses on environment sustainability and will bring employment.
12: 16: There are no slabs available for maintenance of stations and the railway needs a re-birth. We must make “Bhartiya Rail” the backbone of the country where we are very weak and the good Governance will do it.
12:18: We need Investments and basic resources
12:19: 4 Goals are:
- Safe Railway
- Expand Bhartiya Rail Capacity
- Good Customer Services
- Swachh Rail Swachh Bharat and Make in India
6 major thrust areas:
1. Customer service
- 8.5 lakh crore investment in next 5 years
- Passenger Fares will not be increased.
- Standardise Railways bring more Transparency, it will benifit Common man.
- Cleanliness ( Engaging Professional Agencies) and makin Swachh Rail, Swachh Bharat a success.
- Toilet Facilities( will build new toilets on 600 stations, replace existing 17000 with bio toilets, Vaccum toilets).
- Prabhu requests, ” Please keep Railways Clean, it is a travelling home“.
- Complaint helpline no. 138 will be available 24×7, such that people can complain even while travelling.
- A mobile application for complaints will also be launched on 1/3/2015
- A toll-free number 182 will address the security issues.
- Ticket vending machines will be implemented for unreserved classes.
- SMS alert service ( arive and departure) at destination.
- Surveillance cameras will be installed in selected coaches and suburban women coaches
- Facility of mobile phone charging in general coaches.
- Wifi available on A1, A and B category stations covering 400 stations as a part of Digital India Initiative.
- Online Booking for wheelchairs for senior citizens.
- The number of coaches will be increased from 24 to 26 coaches, More general coaches, ladders to be replaced.
- Advance reservation period of 120 days.
2. Standardise Railways
- Railways will connect 9400 km with 77 projects and a budget of 886 Cr.
- Goods handling coaches will increase
- Invite private investments
- Accidents and mishaps will be controlled and focused on.
- Speedier Railway– 9 hi-speed corridors, high-speed trains.
- Speed will be increased, so Delhi-Kolkata journey can now be done overnight: Prabhu
- Analog machines will be replaced by digital machines
- Technology portal to invite innovative technological suggestions
- 4 Railway Reasearch Centers will be established in selected cities
- Partnership for developments
- Coal minister, oil and gas minister gave huge 1000 crores.
- Operation 5 minutes: E-tickets will be available in 5 minutes.
- More Transparency and Online working.
- GDP will grow with the transformation of Railways
- 5798 crores to 1 lac crores in 2015-16
- Will monetize our assets rather than Selling them.
5. Energy and sustainability
- A mission for water conservation, water harvesting, water recycling system will set up.
- Substantial Saving of 3000 Cr in next 3 years.
- Green Railway will use solar energy and CNG.
- Indian railway will work to expand tourism through railways. Tourism will be promoted by connecting major tourist destinations.
- ICTC will work on Kisaan Yatra to develop farming techniques.