E Tax Payments – Income Tax India Online Payment
Income Tax Payments Systems in India are very thorough. It is also very complex and involves a lot of paperwork. First, you need to go to a tax expert with all income statements. He will analyze your file and determine your total income.
Then he would charge tax on that amount and would file your return. The process is very long and involves huge paperwork. Thus the Government has introduced an E-Tax Payment System. Here the taxpayer can pay the tax through online mode.
E Tax Login Portal
Like earlier, you do not require huge paperwork. All the operations are handled online. You just need to fill out a form containing your income details. You must upload your income details on the mentioned web portal. Thereafter the tax authorities would take care of everything.
The entire process has become smooth and error-free. No more documents are involved in the process. With fewer documents and paperwork, you can manage all the details required to be filled up in the form. Moreover, paperwork has reduced significantly. Through online mode, you can also file Income Tax Returns. Specific guidelines are also mentioned for filing returns on Income Tax.
Process for Payment of Tax Online
Following steps must be followed to maintain the system of E-Payment of Tax-
Step 1: Officially Visiting the Login Portal
- Visit the e-Payment website of TIN or copy and paste this URL in another tab.
- To step forward click on the ‘PROCEED’ button putting the required challan number in the block.
Step 2: Filling up the form for paying tax
- Fill up the form with the required details as mentioned below.
- Tax details
- Payment details
- PAN details
- Captcha Code
- You will only get 30 minutes to fill-up the form. Utilize that time efficiently.
Step 3: Submitting the form
- Tap on the ‘Submit’ button.
- On successful submission, the confirmation screen will be displayed.
- Provide confirmation and proceed to the next step.
Step 4: Paying the Tax Amount Due
- After confirmation, you will land on the net banking page of your respective bank.
- Log in to your net banking account.
- Make the payment.
- On the successful of payment, a challan receipt shall be generated by your name. The slip indicates proof of tax payments.
Procedure for Paying the Tax
In earlier times the procedure of paying the tax was different. You needed to go to a tax expert. He would analyze your income. Then he would prepare your tax file. The tax file will have details about how much tax you would pay. But now the entire process has come on the online mode. Now you need to upload the documents only and fill out the necessary form. All other functions will be performed by the appropriate tax authorities. Following is the detailed procedure for e-payment of tax-
- Visit the official website of e-payment of TIN On the official website of e-Payment for TIN
- Click on the ‘Proceed’ button placed under challan no. and proceed to the form of Challan 280.
- Enter the following details on the form.
- Tax details
- Type and mode of payment
- PAN and assessment year
- Complete address
- Captcha code (as shown in the image).
- Tap on ‘Proceed’.
- A confirmation page will appear. Check the details and provide confirmation.
- The challan receipt shall be generated on getting the payment successful.
Form 26QB- An Important Document
Paying Tax through the means of the Internet is not sufficient. You also need to know about Form 26QB. Form 26QB is necessary for detecting TDS on Property. TDS refers to Tax Deducted at Source. At times when you earn income, 20% of your income is deducted immediately. This is known as TDS. While purchasing a property, you also have to pay the necessary amount as TDS. Following steps must be maintained while filling up Form 26QB-
- Spot Form 26QB located on the third row of challans on the e-Payment for TIN website (https://onlineservices.tin.egov-nsdl.com/etaxnew/tdsnontds.jsp).
- Tap on ‘Proceed’ under the form and land on the form.
Do you want to know about all the hidden Tax benefits in your Personal Loans?
How Does e Tax Work?
The taxpayer can upload necessary documents online. Tax is determined and then the amount is known to the taxpayer. He can pay it online. Internet technology has made the process simple.
✅ What Is E Tax Payment?
The payment of Tax through the means of the Internet is called E-Tax Payment. In this system, the tax is paid online.
✅ How Do I Generate a Payment for My Challan?
After you pay the required amount of tax, a challan is generated. It is a receipt that is a record of your tax payment. Once you pay the money on the required platform, you will get the challan. You can use the challan and keep it as a historical record.
✅ How To Pay Income Tax after Filing?
On the e-Payment for TIN website (https://onlineservices.tin.egov-nsdl.com/etaxnew/tdsnontds.jsp), tap on ‘Challan no 280’ and land on the form. Then you need to enter the required details. Then you need to click on ‘Submit’ and land on the net banking page. Then make the payment.
If you come across any obstacle in the process, our team of executives is willing to help you out with the solution.
To know more about the Tax saving fixed deposits, visit the Dialabank website now.