At present, the Railway Budget is very significant for the Technological and Manufacturing Industry. A lot of reforms are going to make Railways friendly for the disabled as well. Given below are the points listed regarding Changes in Indian Railways:
- Make In India for Railways: As part of the ‘Make in India’ campaign, many locomotive components like crankshafts, alternators, and forged wheels will be manufactured locally rather than importing these parts. With the welcoming of premium trains with higher fares which will eventually boost revenue collection, the railways will undertake a project for the upgrading of coach interiors including redesigning user-friendly toilets. National Institute of Design (NID) is going to be roped in for redesigning the interiors of coaches.
- IT and Wi-fi: The budget is expected to propose extensive use of IT systems in every part of the railway, from the management of rolling stock to the development of Apps for passengers. Wi-fi will also be made available throughout the railway premises.
- Security: To ensure safety and security, a proposal to install CCTVs in coaches and on stations is likely to be presented.
- Green initiatives: Solar energy will be used on a large the scale by launching of the waste-to-energy project and the proliferation of CNG in train operations. These are some of the green initiatives likely to be announced in the Rail Budget. Setting up water recycling plants may also be in the plan.
- Making Railways disabled-friendly: The Rail Minister is going to propose to facilitate Braille signs in all new coaches to facilitate vision-impaired passengers and making Railways friendly for all.
- Cleanliness of stations and bio-toilets a priority: To aid customer satisfaction, the Rail Ministry is focusing on aspects like cleanliness, catering, linen, ease of access to booking, information, and tickets. 59,000 coaches are likely to be converted into vacuum toilets, a technology that’s available in airplanes. Rail Budget is likely to give special attention to cleanliness exercise and a slew of measures like provision for dustbins in all coaches, following the Swachh Bharat Campaign. Also a proposal to cover 100 more trains under ‘On Board Housekeeping Services’ may be announced.
Read More at Dialabank
Read Other Related News
|Businesses Opt For Gold Loans To Tide Over COVID-Induced Liquidity Crunch|
|Businesses Affected, Recovery can take 365 Days: Survey|
|BSE and NSE are shut today on the eve of Ramzan|
|Bigger PNB to have an edge in getting big corporate customers|