Petrol Price in Manipur today: Sep 18 2021
|05-Aug-21||₹ 106.03 / Litre|
|04-Aug-21||₹ 106.03 / Litre|
|03-Aug-21||₹ 106.03 / Litre|
Petrol price in Manipur is Rs. 95.03 and Diesel price is Rs. 85.07 Per Litre as of 16-Mar-21. Compared to Yesterday Petrol price changed by 0 Paise and diesel 0 Paise per Litre. Excise and Manipur taxes are included. The Price Revision is applicable from 6.00 AM every day across India.
Petrol price in Manipur Revision Trend in – For the Last 2 weeks from DialaBank
|13-Mar-21||₹ 95.03||₹ 0|
|12-Mar-21||₹ 95.03||₹ 0|
|11-Mar-21||₹ 95.03||₹ 0|
|10-Mar-21||₹ 95.03||₹ 0|
|09-Mar-21||₹ 95.03||₹ 0|
|08-Mar-21||₹ 95.03||₹ 0|
|07-Mar-21||₹ 95.03||₹ 0|
|06-Mar-21||₹ 95.03||₹ 0|
|05-Mar-21||₹ 95.03||₹ 0|
|04-Mar-21||₹ 95.03||₹ 0|
|03-Mar-21||₹ 95.03||₹ 0|
|02-Mar-21||₹ 95.03||₹ 0|
|01-Mar-21||₹ 95.03||₹ 0|
|27-Feb-21||₹ 95.03||₹ 0|
|26-Feb-21||₹ 95.03||₹ 0.25|
State-wise Petrol Prices
|Andhra Pradesh||87.24 ₹/L|
|Himachal Pradesh||88.55 ₹/L|
|Jammu And Kashmir||92.11 ₹/L|
|Madhya Pradesh||98.64 ₹/L|
|Tamil Nadu||93.07 ₹/L|
|Uttar Pradesh||88.78 ₹/L|
|West Bengal||91.78 ₹/L|
Petrol Prices in Major Cities
|CITY||PETROL PRICE TODAY|
|New Delhi||₹ 90.19|
The trend of Petrol Price in Manipur for January 2020 (rates per litre):
|1st Jan||₹ 73.59|
|Highest Rate in Jan||₹ 73.59|
Monthly Petrol Rate Trend in Manipur for January 2020:
- In Manipur, the petrol price began at Rs.73.59per litre. When correlated to the fuel’s end-of-month rate for November, there was no change in the price.
- Petrol price in Manipur over the month. It recorded its highest rate for the month on 28th January, when it attained the price of Rs.74.17litre. The lowest price was reported on 1st January when a litre of petrol was selling at the rate of Rs73.59
- Petrol’s overall performance observed an inclining course in Manipur.
The trend of Petrol Price in Manipur for December 2020 (rates per litre):
|1st December||Rs. ₹ 85.72|
|Lowest Rate in December||Rs. ₹ 85.72|
Monthly Petrol Price Trend in Manipur for December 2020:
- In Manipur, the petrol price began at Rs. 85.72per litre. When correlated to the fuel’s end-of-month rate for November, there was no change in the price.
- Petrol price in Manipur wavered in the UT over the month. It recorded its highest price for the month on 15th December, when it attained the price of Rs.85.72/litre. The lowest price was reported on 3rd December when a litre of petrol was selling at the rate of Rs.85.72
- The fuel’s overall performance observed an inclining course in Manipur.
The trend of Petrol Price in Manipur for November 2020 (rates per litre):
|1st November||Rs. 84.38|
|Highest Rate in November||Rs. 84.38|
Monthly Petrol Price Trend in Manipur for November 2020:
- In Manipur, the petrol price began at Rs. 84.38per litre. When correlated to the fuel’s end-of-month rate for October, there was no change in the price.
- Petrol price in Manipur wavered in the UT over the month. It recorded its highest price for the month on 1st November when it attained the price of Rs.84.38/litre. The lowest price was reported on 5th November when a litre of petrol was selling at the rate of Rs.84.38.
- The fuel’s overall performance observed an inclining course in Manipur,
The trend of Petrol Price in Manipur for October 2020 (rates per litre):
|1st October||₹ 84.38|
|Highest Rate in October||₹ 84.38|
Monthly Petrol Price Trend in Manipur for October 2020:
- The month of October opened with the price of petrol being traded at the rate of Rs.₹ 84.38per litre Manipur. There was no change in the price till the 3rd of October.
- Over the month, the price of petrol witnessed variations in the city of Manipur. The fuel recorded its lowest prices on 1st October, wherein it stood at the price of ₹ 84.38per litre.
- The petrol price in Manipur closed the month of October, being sold at the price of ₹ 84.38per litre. This was also the fuel’s highest price during the month and was recorded on 3rd October. There was an inclining trend in the fuel’s overall performance.
Components of Petrol Prices
Crude oil is the major raw material for petrol. At present, 75% of India’s crude oil needs are met through imports. And thus, international prices of crude oil and foreign exchange rates are the base components in determining the price of petrol at home. However, they form only a small component of the retail price, and the final price is determined by a host of other factors. In fact, more than 57% of the retail petrol price per litre goes towards taxes, duties, cesses and dealer margin.
To understand the mechanism for the pricing of petrol, it is first important to understand various stakeholders involved in the cycle from production to retailing of petrol and thus, the determination of petrol prices.
Oil Production and Exploration Companies
These are the companies responsible for produce oil in its crude form. There is a mix of both private sector companies like Reliance Industries, Cairn India Ltd, and public sector counterparts like Oil India, Oil and Natural Gas Corporation (ONGC) among others in this sector. However, these companies together cater to only 25% of India’s crude oil requirement. The rest of the crude oil is imported.
Oil Marketing Companies
The crude oil is then bought by Oil Marketing Companies (OMCs), which handle oil from its crude stage till the time it is handed to the dealers in its refined form. Thus, OMCs take care of refining crude oil into petrol and selling the refined petrol to the dealers. This sector also comprises both public and private companies. However, the three PSUs- Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited (BPCL), Indian Oil Corporation Limited (IOCL) and Hindustan Private Corporate Limited (HPCL) control around 95% of this sector; while the two private players- Reliance Industries and Essar cater to the remaining market.
Dealers are individuals or businesses that own petrol pumps. Thus they are the final sellers of petrol to end users at retail prices, after adding taxes and their own margins.
The Retail Selling Price (RSP) of Petrol
The retail Selling Price (RSP) of Petrol is determined based on a lot of factors. The average price of Crude Oil of the Indian Basket is calculated every fortnight. This price is calculated in dollars per Barrel. The price in Indian rupees is also dependent on the average exchange price for that fortnight.
Crude Oil to Petrol
Crude Oil is transported and refined to extract Petrol. The cost & freight charges, refinery charges are added to the price of Crude oil. This is called the Refinery Transfer Price (RTP). In other words, this is the price paid by OMCs (Oil Marketing Companies) like IOCL, BPCL & HPCL to the refineries. OMCs retain some margin and sell it to the Dealer (the owner of the Petrol Pump).
Petrol Prices Compare to Diesel Prices in Manipur
|MONTH||PETROL PRICE RS. / LITRE||DIESEL PRICE RS. / LITRE|
|01-Mar-21||₹ 95.03||₹ 85.07|
|01-Feb-21||₹ 89.94||₹ 79.84|
|01-Jan-21||₹ 87.21||₹ 77.09|
|01-Dec-20||₹ 85.72||₹ 75.52|
|01-Nov-20||₹ 84.38||₹ 73.48|
|01-Oct-20||₹ 84.38||₹ 73.65|
|01-Sep-20||₹ 85.45||₹ 76.69|
|01-Aug-20||₹ 83.78||₹ 76.69|
|01-Jul-20||₹ 83.78||₹ 75.42|
|01-Jun-20||₹ 74.20||₹ 64.96|
|01-May-20||₹ 68.15||₹ 60.82|
|01-Apr-20||₹ 68.15||₹ 60.82|
|01-Mar-20||₹ 70.01||₹ 62.60|
|01-Feb-20||₹ 71.65||₹ 64.66|
|01-Jan-20||₹ 73.59||₹ 66.41|
|01-Dec-19||₹ 73.39||₹ 64.27|
There are broadly two different taxes, the Central Excise Duty (imposed by the Central Government) and the State VAT (Value Added Tax). These two taxes are added to the Price that is charged to dealers. The current excise duty is Rs 21.48 per litre of petrol. VAT varies from state to state. In Delhi, the VAT percentage is 27%. The dealer commission is also added to the price after the imposition of the Central Excise. (tax rates as of 1st Feb 2016)
All these prices add up to the final Retail Selling Price (RSP) of Petrol that reaches the consumer. There are differences in the price in various states because of the different VAT rate. The price also varies between a pump owned by different OMCs. These minor differences are because of the variations in margins & dealer commission.
✅What is today’s Petrol price in Manipur?
✅What was the highest Petrol price in Manipur?
✅What was the highest Petrol price in Manipur in the last 5 years?
Table of Contents
- 1 Petrol Price in Manipur today: Sep 18 2021
- 2 Petrol price in Manipur Revision Trend in – For the Last 2 weeks from DialaBank
- 3 State-wise Petrol Prices
- 4 Petrol Prices in Major Cities
- 5 The trend of Petrol Price in Manipur for January 2020 (rates per litre):
- 6 The trend of Petrol Price in Manipur for December 2020 (rates per litre):
- 7 The trend of Petrol Price in Manipur for November 2020 (rates per litre):
- 8 The trend of Petrol Price in Manipur for October 2020 (rates per litre):
- 9 Components of Petrol Prices
- 10 Oil Production and Exploration Companies
- 11 Oil Marketing Companies
- 12 Dealers
- 13 The Retail Selling Price (RSP) of Petrol
- 14 Crude Oil to Petrol
- 15 Petrol Prices Compare to Diesel Prices in Manipur
- 16 Different Taxes
- 17 FAQs