All About DHFL Home Extension Loan
DHFL provides Home Extension Loans to extend your existing home by adding a bedroom, Enclosing an open balcony, Building an extra room on the terrace, etc. Some of the special features of DHFL Home Extension Loans are:
- You can enjoy the exclusive ‘Regressive Payment Scheme’ if you are a home loan seeker due for retirement within the term of the loan and have applied jointly with an eligible younger co-applicant.
- You can prepay your loan, ahead of the contracted schedule in part or full, subject to payment of nominal fees/charges as stipulated by DHFL from time to time.
- DHFL doesn’t ask for Guarantor. One can have a co-applicant instead.
- DHFL doesn’t ask for Securities. Securities will be asked by DHFL only in few exceptional cases only.
- Loans may be applied for before or after the selection of property. The loan amounts are sanctioned in principle to let buyers know what amounts they can avail of.
DHFL Home Extension Loan Eligibility Criteria
- An Indian resident or NRI
- Above 21 years of age at the commencement of the loan
- Below 65 when the loan matures
- Either salaried or self-employed
DHFL Home Extension Loan Amount and Tenure of Loan
- You can avail of a Home Loan of up to Rs. 500,00,000/- but not exceeding the 85% of the cost of property / estimate (for improvement / extension)
- The tenure of your Home Loan ranges from 1 to 20 years. The term however does not extend beyond the retirement age or 60 years whichever is earlier (65 years for self-employed individuals).
DHFL Home Extension Loan Interest rates
- The interest rate varies according to the market conditions, and interest rates are dynamic in Nature.
- DHFL calculates EMI on a monthly reducing basis.
- Processing Charge: It’s a fee payable to the DHFL on applying for a loan. It is either a fixed amount not linked to the loan or may also be a percentage of the loan amount.
- Pre-payment Penalties: DHFL allows up to 20% part payment of a loan in a year without any pre-payment charges.
- Commitment Fees: DHFL home loan doesn’t take any commission fees from consumers
DHFL Home Extension Loan Tax Benefits
- The principal amount of repayment of loan along with other savings such as PF, PPF, Life Insurance premium etc up to a maximum of Rs 1,00,000/- will be eligible for deduction from gross income u/s 80C of Income Tax Act 1961.
- For self-occupied – Income will be treated as nil and interest payment up to Rs. 1,50,000/- will be treated as minus income that will be adjusted against other income under section 24(b) of the Income Tax Act 1961.
- Interest paid on the loan before completion of construction will be allowed as a deduction from income at 20% per year for the next five years.
Leading Home Loan Providers (Click to Apply)