HDFC Gold Loan
Life is full of uncertainties, you may need money sometimes that is beyond your savings. In this case, you can get a gold loan to fight with the financial crises. HDFC Bank gold loan is one of the best gold loans in India. It comes with so many facilities and special features. This is also known as a loan against the gold. You can make the use of your gold in your bad time, and overcome the financial problems. There are so many financial banking and non-banking companies that provide you with a gold loan but HDFC gold loan is considered best. HDFC Bank is one of the reputed and reliable banks in India. It is known for its brilliant financial services. The bank is founded in 1994. besides this bank has a wider range of the network.
What is a Gold Loan?
Gold loan is also known as a loan against gold. In this loan, you pledge your gold to the bank as a security and bank provide you loan amount according to the quantity and the quality of your gold. The pledged gold will be kept in the bank lockers and the bank is liable for the security of your gold. The moment you return your loan amount with interest rate you will get back your gold as it is.
Why Gold Loan?
Gold loan is always considered as the better option to borrow money from the bank. The reason after this is the rate of interest in a gold loan is low as compared to the personal loan. So if you have a choice in between a gold loan or a personal loan then you are always advised to go for a gold loan. Because being an unsecured loan personal loan has higher rates of interest.
Besides that your gold assets would be in a tight security if you get a gold loan, on the other hand, if you want to put your jewellery in a bank will charge you for the locker. So if you are getting a gold loan you are killing two birds with one stone. You are getting funds and security of you gold simultaneously. You don’t have to pay charges for the security of the gold.
Features of HDFC Gold Loan
There are some features of the gold loan. Let us discuss them.
- First of all HDFC gold loan is approved and disbursed very quickly and easily. the loan gets approved in an hour.
- Besides that, the documentation process is very easy and less, very basic documents are required for HDFC gold loan.
- Furthermore, the bank provides full transparency to the customer there are no hidden charges.
- The minimum amount of loan that can provide to the customer is Rs. 50000. It can be less than Rs. 50000 in rural areas.
- There is no need to worry about the pre-closure charges. Bank won’t ask you for any kind of pre-closer charges, you can close your loan whenever you want.
- One important thing to note is that the bank is liable completely for the security of your gold. Your gold would be kept in a fireproof security.
- The tenure of the loan can be from 6 months to 4 years. You can choose according to your comforts.
- HDFC bank provides some special offers for agricultural purposes. It means the bank offers a slight low rate of interest for a gold loan for agricultural purpose.
- Quality of gold should be 18 to 22 carats.
- Gold jewelry is acceptable but sole Manglasutra is not accepted.
- Gold in the raw form is not accepted.
- Gold coins less than 50 grams are not acceptable.
- Gold biscuits are not acceptable.
- Gold bricks are accepted.
- The age of the applicant should be more than 21.
- He/she should be a citizen of India.
- Applicant should have a minimum of 10 grams of gold to get a gold loan.
HDFC Gold Loan Interest Rates
HDFC bank provides a gold loan at very rational rates of interest. Interest rates are 11% per annum and onwards.
Repayment period is from 6 months to 4 years. It means that you can return your loan within 6 months to 4 years.
Amount of Loan
HDFC bank provides loan amount starting from Rs. 50000 and can be up to Rs. 10 Lakhs.
Let us try to understand with an example.
|Weight||Purity||Amount of Loan|
|Mr. 1||10 Grams||18 Karat||Rs. 18000|
|Mr. 2||10 Grams||19 Karat||Rs. 18500|
|Mr. 3||10 Grams||20 Karat||Rs. 19000|
|Mr. 4||10 Grams||21Karat||Rs. 19800|
Processing FeesThere is a processing fee in HDFC gold loan but it is not that much. This is basically 0 to 0.5% of the amount of loan sanctioned.
Loan for Multi-purposes
Security of Gold
The facility of closing your gold loan before the tenure of the loan is known as a pre-payment facility. Some banks don’t provide this facility but HDFC bank does. There are some prepayment charges but these are very minimal. It is 0 to 1% of the loan principal prepaid.
There is a valuation fee of Rs. 250 for a loan amount less than Rs. 1.5 lakhs. It is Rs. 500 for the loan amount more than Rs. 1.5 lakhs.
Late Payment Charges
2% of the principal amount is charged as late payment charges.
The documentation process is not that complex in HDFC gold loan. Following are the basic documents that are required in HDFC gold loan. These are listed below :
1. Identity Proof
First of all, a proof of identity is required for the gold loan. An identity proof can be your Aadhar card, PAN card, Driving license, voter ID card or your passport.
2. Residence proof
An address proof is also needed in HDFC gold loan. Your Aadhar card, PAN card, Ration card, voter ID card, driving license, or passport can be considered as the proof of residence. In case you are living on rent then the rent agreement or water/electricity bills for the last three months can be considered.
3. Two passport size photos are required. (Applicant should not be wearing glasses in the photograph, the photograph should be colored)
How to Apply for HDFC Gold Loan?
You can apply for the gold loan on www.dialabank.com. The process is very easy and simple. You have to fill a simple form online after that you will get a call back from our side. Furthermore, you will get a document pickup facility from your doorstep. For more information, you may call on 9592046860.
- Dialabank is considered as the best platform to apply for a gold loan online. There are so many reasons for this.
- First of all, Dialabank is India’s first financial helpline, it provides the best financial services to customers all over the country.
- Besides that, the bank has a good reputation among the customers because of its best services.
- One more reason is that if you apply for a gold loan on Dialabank then you will get a gold loan at low rates of interest.
- The Dialabank provides document pickup facility from the doorstep of the customer.
- One more important thing is that the Dialabank provides guidance to the customers free of cost. There are no additional charges of applying for a gold loan online on the website of Dialabank.
- While applying for a gold loan on Dialabank very less paperwork is required.
- One more thing is that you will get high LTV of your gold.
- The bank is old and well reputed so there is no risk of fraud, so can apply easily online on the website www.dialabank.com
HDFC Gold Loan Schemes
The HDFC Bank provides the gold loan under three schemes
- Term Loan
- Over Draft
Each scheme has its own perks. A customer is free to choose the gold loan scheme according to his/her convenience.
Gold Loan is Secured or Unsecured?
Gold loan is considered as a secured loan because you put your gold in the bank’s locker and the bank can easily recover their loan amount with the principal amount if you won’t return the loan. So you are always advised to pay your loan amount easily on time.
Does CIBIL score matters in a Gold Loan?
Yes, CIBIL scores matters in a gold loan. but the bank is not that strict with the CIBIL score as in the case of unsecured (Personal Loan). In the case of a gold loan, the CIBIL score should not be less than 550.
Advantages of a Gold Loan over a Personal Loan
- First and the major advantage of a gold loan over a personal loan is that the rates of interest in a gold loan are quite low as compare to a personal loan.
- After that, the documentation process is very less in case of the gold loan as compared to a personal loan.
- In a personal loan, your CIBIL score is required to be above 700 at least.
Difference Between a Personal Loan and a Gold Loan
A personal loan comes into the category of unsecured loans however a gold loan is a secured loan. The consequence of this is the rates of interest of a personal loan are quite high because of high risk.
- HDFC bank provides a gold loan at very low rates of interest. Interest rates are 11% per annum and onwards.
- Loan processing charges are 1 percent plus GST.
- Valuation Fee will be Rs. 250 for a loan up to Rs 1.5 lacs and Rs. 500 for a loan which is over and up to Rs. 1.5 lacs.
- Foreclosure charges: If closed within three months then it will be 2 percent with GST foreclosure charges and if closed within 6 months then it will be 1 percent plus GST foreclosure charges.
- Charges you pay for late loan payment, are 2 percent per annum as penal interest over and up to interest rate.
- Renewal processing fees will more than Rs. 350 including tax.
- Prepayment or part payment charges will be more than 2 percent including GST (within three months).
HDFC Gold Loan Calculator
HDFC bank has provided HDFC Gold loan calculator online for the convenience of customers. Customers can calculate the rate of interest and the EMI’s for the loan online in advance and after that, the customer can easily decide the amount of loan. In this calculator, you just have to enter the amount of loan and the tenure of the loan you want. It will automatically calculate the rate of interest for that amount of loan.
HDFC Gold Loan Procedure
The whole procedure is very simple and understandable. You have to apply online and if a bank finds you eligible then you have to submit the basic documents and the valuation of the gold is done by the jeweler, and according to the value of your gold, you will get the loan amount.
The HDFC Bank provides special offers to internal customers. Internal customers are those customers who already have the bank account in the HDFC Bank for at least three years. If the customers’ banking is good then he/she can get a preapproved loan too.
Can a person use utility bills as proof of residence?
If the applicant is residing somewhere on rent then he/she can use electricity and water bills as the proof of residence but the bills should have the name of the applicant on the bills.
Can a housewife avail the Gold Loan?
Yes, a housewife can also get a gold loan easily if she has the gold in the appropriate form. But she should have the citizenship of India.
Gold Loan Rate Per Gram in HDFC Bank
The customer usually gets 1800-2000 Rs. per gram of the gold and one more thing is that customer should have at least 10 grams of gold to apply for a gold loan.
This factor also depends on the quality of your gold actual.
Which is the best way to apply for an HDFC Gold Loan
However a person can apply online and offline as well, but applying online for the gold loan is very time saving and convenient process. Moreover, there is no need to go bank to bank and stand in a queue if you are applying online.
|HDFC Gold Loan EMI Calculator||HDFC Gold Loan Interest Rates|
Other Major Cities where HDFC Bank provides Gold Loan